Have You Ever Requested Hotel Room Downgrade?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 13, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Hello from Amsterdam! I’m spending the week in the Netherlands, and am presently staying at the Hotel Pulitzer, which is the Starwood Luxury Collection property in Amsterdam. It’s just down the street from the Andaz Amsterdam, where I stayed last year during my visit. I checked into the Hotel Pulizer yesterday afternoon and was impressed by the overall check-in experience. All elite benefits were recognized, and the front desk associate even called over the duty manager to greet me since I’m a Platinum member. I was informed that I had been upgraded to a “family room,” which objectively is an upgrade, since the rate is quite a bit higher than for a standard room. He told me to just “ignore the extra beds.” The post Have You Ever Requested Hotel Room Downgrade? appeared first on One Mile at a Time. Related StoriesReview: St. Regis New YorkAlternatives To Being Loyal To Hilton HHonors?Using Your Hotel Elite Status For Others?

Continue reading...