Have You Ever Had a Premonition

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FetePerfection, May 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    ...and it came true?

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. Often and often. Can be frightening........

East_Yorker and Gargoyle like this.
  3. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'll have one tomorrow.

East_Yorker and SC Flier like this.
  4. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    I knew you'd say that.

Deep in my gut, I have this feeling that theories about "deja vu" are going to come up by someone with Irish relations. I don't think any harm will come of it, but it's a spooky feeling!

5. FetePerfection
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I'll share mine but it's eery how it happened and unfortunately many people were injured and some lost their lives. Five days before the bridge over the Mississippi River collapsed in Minneapolis, I was driving on a nearby bridge also over the river. For whatever reason a thought popped into my head, what if this bridge collapses right now...then I got a little panicky and couldn't wait to get off the bridge. This wasn't the same bridge but still weird and random.

6. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    One time I had some rowdy neighbors. A friend was visiting, and the neighbors were zooming up and down the street popping wheelies on their dirt bikes. I said something to the effect of "watch him flip over on his back" and not more than 5 seconds later the guy did just that. My friend was quite upset, asking how I knew that would happen, and I think she felt I'd caused it.
    :)

Not really a premonition, just recognizing Darwin in action.

East_Yorker and SC Flier like this.
  7. FetePerfection
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Love when wishful thinking takes over and Darwin smiles!

Bundy Bear, East_Yorker and Gargoyle like this.
  8. East_Yorker
    Original Member

East_Yorker Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's a theory that "deja vu" is a memory anomaly, where your brain is "tricked" into "remembering" something before it happens. It has something to do with the difference between the way the brain processes short and long-term memory.

But this doesn't cover the feeling you get that "something" is going to happen, then hours or days later it does. That's spooky. My Irish relations believe strongly in prescience or visions.

I've had a lot of deja vu moments, but no real premonitions.

Gargoyle likes this.
  9. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    :eek:

10. onlyairfare

onlyairfare Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't get premonitions, but sometimes I get what I call "messages," and sometimes they are ominous. I woke at 5:08 am (PST) one morning from dreaming of a close friend who lived 3,000 miles away. I felt uncomfortable about the dream, but went back to sleep. The next day, my brother who lives near said friend called me to say that this friend had been killed in a car crash - that occurred at 8:08 am (EST, or 5:08 am PST) on the morning I had the dream.

Another time, I got three such "messages" three days in a row - it was indistinct, but the message involved the singer-songwriter Jackson Browne and a friend of mine named Thomas. After the 3rd message, I couldn't stand it any more so I sent Thomas and email: "Thomas I hope you don't think I am crazy, but I keep getting this message that involves you and Jackson Browne. What's up?"

Thomas replied that in fact, he was trying to book Jackson Browne for a concert he was arranging, and the contract had just been signed that day.

It's weird, kind of creepy, and I don't understand it.

Elusive and Gargoyle like this.
  11. Bundy Bear
    Original Member

Bundy Bear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are you a fan of the show Medium.

My premonitions are on people I might meet in the future. I am never sure how it is going to happen but it does happen, meeting people I never expected to ever catch up with. That is not to say that you don't have to work on it like be in the same area, but sometimes you can't plan it or the initial plans fall through and you have to plan something else.

Premonitions as in lotto numbers, we wish. ;)

12. Elusive

Elusive Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if you'd count this as a premonition, but I was late for work one day for reasons I can't remember now. I was thankful later for being late to work that day - September 11th 2001.