have ug's I'll not be using

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by estnet, Aug 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    First - I understand that this post is okay under the TOS - if I'm wrong please let me know but don't post snarky comments.

I have 3 gru and 4 rpu on UA all of which expire 12/31 I would like to trade for either first class award ticket(s) worth 70k from a 1k (I would pay taxes) or for UA miles transfered into my UA account via UR (Chase) - which I understand allows transfer from your account into another ff account (is this right?).

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know anything of the MilePoint ToS which prohibits such a post. The MileagePlus T&Cs do prohibit it, however, so if you are caught you can run into trouble up to seeing your account terminated.

3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was once "guilty" of such a solicitation post, but with the end of the year approaching, many will find themselves with expiring GPUs or RPUs that they would not want to see go to waste. As a result, we'll begin, in fact have begun, seeing more and more solicitation posts/threads. It therefore may be worth reminding ourselves of United's position on some types of solicitations:

Sponsorship of upgrades is perfectly legal. Other aspects might not be...

4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    all true, but I guess TOBB would be missing one of it's most active forums if people weren't careful about this. Nevertheless thanks for the warning. If all my friends weren't leaving UA this wouldn't have been a problem.

5. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    LOL... Ain't that the truth.

I'm sure someone might be interested here, but as suggested just be a little cautious (99.9% of folk here are good people);)

estnet likes this.