Hassler Rome Italy

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by TRAVELSIG, Feb 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Over the last weekend I stayed at the Hassler in Rome- very happy to report this is one of the top luxury hotels in Italy.

I reserved through LHW and through my leaders club profile sent a request for a specific room overlooking the piazza and with a balcony. The hotel immediately responded by email advising they would do everything possible to get this particular room. They did.

Arrival: Very friendly welcome from the staff- immediately bags were whisked away and the staff were very welcoming. After checkin formalities they gave a brief tour of the hotel and accompanied to the room.

Room: The room has recently been refreshed and looks wonderful. Everything is perfect including a beauitful marble bathroom and a terrace overlooking all of Rome with a very comfortable seating area and a view that is one of the best I have seen from anywhere in Rome. 5* to be sure (10/10 rating) also with a great walk in closet and excellent soundproofing.

Bar: We were given a welcome drink certificate and told we could use it anywhere in the hotel- we went to the beautiful bar off the lobby where they advised us to just "order anything you like"- excellent cocktails and wonderful service in a very classy setting.

Concierge: I didn't require really any assistance from the concierge as I know Rome somewhat well- however he was helpful in suggesting a shortcut by walking to get to the restaurant we were heading to- I never would have thought of walking this way and it saved a few minutes- nice going.

Breakfast: Full buffet. Very attentive staff. In the summer would be even better as they have a beautiful courtyard just off the breakfast room that is open in the summer.

Shoe shine: Did a perfect job- not the usual gloss over many hotels give but a perfect job.

Checkout: Very courteous and efficient- definitely a great team here.

Note on Internet: It is included in the rate but the signal did drop on/off from time to time- I suspect it is because of the physical structure of the building- there was also a cable connection which would have solved the problem but I didn't need it.

Overall rating: 9.75/10 (0.25 for the internet only).

One word of advisement- do book a higher class of room- on a lower floor without a view the service would have been the same (excellent) but the overall experience just not quite the same. Worth a splurge.

One tip: We had dinner with friends at Open Colonna which is a short walk away from the hotel. Michelin Star rating and definitely worth visiting (book at least a week in advance). Food was perfect. Wine list still has my head spinning- a very interesting selection and considering the bottles they have very fairly priced. The dessert and pre-dessert were both also wonderful. Service worthy of this restaurant reputation. Setting stunning.
    uggboy, Bonnie and sobore like this.