Has NH suspend, reduce freq or capacity of any flights due to demand drop caused by the earthquake?

Discussion in 'ANA | Mileage Club' started by JALPak, Apr 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    A lot of carriers have done so, just wondering if NH has done the same or not? They couldn't be that immune from this...TYO is their hub. So far they only have 15% drop in international traffic? That is a lot better than say JAL that has 25% drop according to JAL releases data on effect of the Tohoku Pacific Earthquake on FlyerTalk :eek:

sendaiben likes this.
  2. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    No announcement when I last checked......

JALPak likes this.
  3. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming. It's amazing that it seems they are relatively unaffected (at least no cuts on flight)

4. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am assuming that JAL is using this as a way to further right size, as they seem to be somewhat tight for aircraft?! But time will tell....NH is usually good at managing crisis, may be the 787 delay will turn out to work in their favor!

5. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
  6. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    The domestic flights that are cancelled are mostly to Kitakyushu and they are codeshares (Starflyer operated)...nothing like JAL has cut!:eek: