Has ANYONE successfully used IHG’s online check in?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by Prior2Boarding, Dec 12, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Prior2Boarding

Prior2Boarding New Member

Status Points:
    Over the past couple years, hotels have been rolling out new concepts to make the booking and check-in process easier on travelers. First there were things like mobile apps where you could book a hotel room quickly on the go. Then companies like Marriott created a mobile check-in function within its iOS and Android apps. I have never been able to figure out how the Marriott app works, but that may just be because I only have the iPad app and not the iPhone one. The goal is to make online check in as simple for hotel guests as it is for airline travelers. Furthermore, I’ve never understood the novelty of hotel mobile/online check-in as it pertains to hotels. I mean, you still need to have a key to access your room. And there’s already supposed to be ‘elite check-in’ desks as well, so the concept is all rather lost on me since you have to stop by the front desk anyways. However, lately hotels have been getting even more innovative to address this issue. Starwood hotels are the first to introduce not just the ability to check-in via its mobile app, but also allow the app to act as [...]
    The post Has ANYONE successfully used IHG’s online check in? appeared first on The Winglet.

The post Has ANYONE successfully used IHG’s online check in? appeared first on Prior2Boarding.

Continue reading...