Has anyone flown Cathy premium economy lately

Discussion in 'Cathay Pacific | Asia Miles/Marco Polo Club' started by dc3, Nov 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone flown Cathy premium economy lately. If so, how was it? Separate cabin? Decent reclining seats?

uggboy and iolaire like this.
  2. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    YVR-HKG last week. Separate cabin in a 2-4-2 configuration. The seats were reasonable, though I can't compare them to normal Y (3-3-3 config). Overall I enjoyed the flight.

uggboy and iolaire like this.
  3. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you. I wonder if they are better than EvaAir which I flew recently and found very nice.

uggboy likes this.
  4. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's only one way to find out. ;)

FWIW, I'll be comparing AC Premium Economy on the return flight next week. Was supposed to be on AC outbound but wound up on Cathay due to IRROPS.

5. nldogbert

nldogbert Silver Member

Status Points:
    Flew it back in October between DXB-HKG-JFK. If you can snag the bulkhead seats, the traveling experience would much better compared to Economy. The main reason in my opinion is the foot rest which is a true foot rest compared to the other seats within the PE cabin that only has the foot rest attached to the seat in front of you.
    The pillow is quite a substantial one ( I believe it is the Biz class one) and the blanket sufficient (cabin as usual is warmer with Asian carriers). If you are Emerald, there is higher chance of a better experience as for all my flights, I was greeted and informed if I needed anything to just inform the crew (which I did take advantage of - mainly on drink choices and how my steak should be made). I did survive the 14 hours flight from JFK to HKG and I will not mind doing it again in PE cabin - so for me it was a positive experience. Hope this helps! Cheers!

6. LittleYHZ

LittleYHZ Member

Status Points:
    I flew it a few months back. Its a nicer seat than economy that is about it. IMHO

7. the food is okay better than economy personally the annoying but smart airlines have converted me to biz

SYD likes this.