Has anyone ever seen any coupons for parking at airports?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Hattie105, Feb 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Hattie105

Hattie105 Member

Status Points:
    When I am flying and leave my car at the airport, I wish that there were some coupons available somewhere to defray the cost, especially when it's over 4 or more days.

2. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you post what airport you're flying from, there might be a member that could offer you advice.

3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are coupons both online and in publications. Although not necessarily common. If you list the airport(s) you park at, the community can see what may be available for you.

4. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would highly recommend cheapairportparking.org as it covers multiple airports with multiple parking lots. The only problem is that you have to make a reservation 24 hrs in advance and usually have to prepay at least 1 day of parking but this has worked fine for me in the significant savings when parking at LAX.

Dad to GO likes this.
  5. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suggest googlin' the airport parking in the area you are interested in & add 'coupons or discounts' to the search!

iolaire likes this.
  6. TWA44

TWA44 Active Member

Status Points:
    We get coupons for Thrifty in a snail mail coupon mailer about once a month.

7. nit407

nit407 Active Member

Status Points:
    Try airportparking.com. I found them to offer some really good deals... At least in the SEA area.

rodeojones likes this.
  8. juarezcat

juarezcat New Member

Status Points:
    What happens if your flights changes? Are their additional fees usually associated when you make changes? I usually park in Lot C at LAX but I want to find better deals.

9. Triped

Triped New Member

Status Points:
    I would try bargain moose.

10. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sometimes Groupon will offer airport parking deals in my area. Also I think I've seen the big chains with coupons in the entertainment book. I've also been able to book car service and an odd lot here or there through a miles or points portal but they are hard to find where you need them. You might also try the parking lot's website, sometimes they will have a coupon on the small private owned lots or hotel lots.

11. JoeCortez

JoeCortez Silver Member

Status Points:
    Depending on where you live, I've had pretty good success with The Parking Spot and finding coupons with them. At the local travel show, they were giving out discount coupons by the handfull (because nobody was going to their booth). Plus they also have a rewards program...so there's another points play to feed. :rolleyes:

Otherwise, I agree with everyone else: keep an eye on the local circulars, Groupon, and Google. Good luck finding a good deal on parking!

12. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    +++ google will give you lots of sites and ads that offer the best deal around, also the parking aggregators will push their own special offers, be it a parking lot, or a hotel that offers parking.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  13. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hattie is traveling from Akron, OH. They don't operate there, but I've been able to stack discounts at WallyPark. Check for AAA rates and gift cards at your local Sam's Club/Costco. About Airport Parking is a good choice, too.

14. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Parking fees through any of the lots listed are the same as they are with any other parking lot.... it is based on time and they don't care whether you have changes to your flights or not. If you have changes to your plans prior to parking your car, you can usually make a change to your reservation but I do not know what fees would be as I have not had to experience this. My guess is that you just pay the revised daily amounts with consideration of your earlier payment.

Personally, I have found tremendous savings using cheapairportparking.org especially on long trips but they can be realized even on short trip. One example is I usually use Parking Spot for convenience on shorter business trips which costs $16.50/day ($15 + tax) or $13 if you can get the discount coupons. Alternatively via cheapairportparking.org, I have been able to find as low as $5/day + tax or regularly around $7-8/day + tax at many of the surrounding lots. It won't be significantly cheaper all the time due to rushes around holiday travel but they are almost always cheaper to where I will use them for almost all my personal travel.

15. Hattie105

Hattie105 Member

Status Points:
    I will be flying out of Akron Canton Airport in June.

16. Hattie105

Hattie105 Member

Status Points:
    Thanks I never thought of checking AAA or Costco,

IDGflygirl likes this.
  17. Hattie105

Hattie105 Member

Status Points:
    You guys are great! I will try Google too.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  18. Hattie105

Hattie105 Member

Status Points:
    Bargain Moose is a new one for me, and I will check it out. Thanks

19. Hattie105

Hattie105 Member

Status Points:
    I have checked all the sites that have been suggested, but I have not found one single coupon for parking at Akron Canton Airport. Thanks for the support, however.

20. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    If there are not a lot of off-site parking businesses serving that airport, there may not be discount coupons available, given the lack of competition, as it sounds like your airport is a small regional one. I am not aware of on-airport discounted parking being offered by an airport, itself. Sometimes a hotel may offer a parking package with a single night stay (up to a set number of days of parking).

21. Hattie105

Hattie105 Member

Status Points:
    I
    I wonder if any of the entertainment books have free parking at an airport for one night. Does anybody know this?

22. Hattie105

Hattie105 Member

Status Points:
    I will be flying out of Akron Canton Airport.

23. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
  24. rodeojones

rodeojones Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great recommendation. #bookmarked

25. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do not see any options for Akron, but I use https://www.parkatmyhouse.com/ to find some great parking deals. I consistently use it for LHR and it's been great!

iolaire and IDGflygirl like this.