Has anyone ever been double credited for miles?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by OneSweetWorld, Aug 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. OneSweetWorld
    Original Member

OneSweetWorld Silver Member

Status Points:
    My parents flew to India on Turkish, and I manually submitted the documentation on United.com to get UA miles for them. My mom's and dad's account both got the 16k miles, but then a week later my dad got a extra 4k for one of the legs. I am certainly not complaining, just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone before?

2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Random things happen from time to time.

OneSweetWorld likes this.
  3. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's happened to me quite a few times with SPG.
    Occasionally, they will notice and take the points back, but usually I'm happy that they made a mistake (never thought I'd say that!)

4. OneSweetWorld
    Original Member

OneSweetWorld Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh SPG has given me a 30k credit card bonus twice. On a regular SPG AMEX, I ended up with 75k points after hitting the $15k spend in 6 months, not that I was complaining.

5. sma_15

sma_15 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Back in 2000 or 2001 Air Canada credited me twice but it was because I was bumped to another flight and got another boarding card. I do not think this would happen today but back then it seemed that Aeroplan miles were awarded when the boarding card was printed. I have no idea if this was really the reason but it seemed logical to my uninformed mind at the time.

6. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed. Kinda like being rebooked in a full fare class and having the class of service bonus post to your account. My advice is to let the sleeping dog lie and see what happens. If the "bonus" ;) gets taken back with a "we recently discovered and error" or "we recently discovered a duplicate/incorrect posting to your account" type of letter, you have a no harm/no penalty situation but if if stays for about 6 months, I say "shhhhhhh" and enjoy ;)

7. Geo
    Original Member

Geo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was recently credited with double miles for a segment. I did the right thing and let them know... figuring that if I complain about missing miles, I need to make note of double miles. I received a nice note back from them assuring me that as far as they were concerned I received the appropriate number of miles. What goes around comes around.

Scottrick likes this.
  8. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've received miles in 2 programs for the same flight before, but never double miles into the same program.

9. unityofsaints

unityofsaints Active Member

Status Points:
    Recently, and Air China cheapo fare credited as Y and gave me 750 miles even though I should only have gotten 250. So it got credited three times in a sense :)

10. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Over the years I've had all sorts of strange things happen. I even once had a mileage F segment on US credit to UA like it was a paid F segment. Stuff happens in the crazy world of airline computer systems.

11. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got miles on a mileage ticket. SHHHHHHH