has anyone been able to redeem skykits?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by estnet, Mar 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    every time I try to reach the united.com/appreciation I get a page not found error. Has anyone been able to access it in the last few days?

2. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It w:)rks for me and redirects here.

3. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Still has the old .bomb style :).

4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Weird -I get a server cannot be found error with this link :(. I'll try again later.

5. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps there is a DNS or br:)wser issue causing this. Does everything else work okay?

6. sonoma

sonoma Silver Member

Status Points:
    Works well for me; just submitted one from the link in the email they sent to me. I also tried the link you posted with no issues. If it matters, Chrome is my browser.

7. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can open the link just fine using FireFox...

8. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very weird, everything else works, I'm using firefox (also tried my on my ipad which didn't work either) and have rebooted my computer. Maybe it's b/c I'm in Thailand (altho why this would matter I don't know). I can get onto the UA website fine, just can't redeem by skykit:( Anyway thanks for all the replies which give me hope I'll eventually be able to redeem.

9. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Being in Thailand c;)uld matter. They could have their servers programmed not to respond to certain types of requests from certain countries. I would tend to doubt it, but it is possible.

10. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    A definite possibility, which I usually get around by using my institution's VPN to make all overseas online access or transactions look like US local...

11. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well I got the first page to load once and even got to the second but couldn't go on once I entered the data - all on my ipad, but can't even load the first page on my netbook. Just hope I don't lose the card before I return home!

12. Scott Schmidt

Scott Schmidt Silver Member

Status Points:
    As a point of reference, I had an issue yesterday on a flight which would have generated a skykit... And asked for some documentation of the issue and the FA gave me an internal postcard for reporting. After we landed, I gave the card back to the purser and asked if they had the customer appreciation postcards, and I was told to go to the website and go to the "feedback" section. Seems skykits did not survive the merger.

13. Deacon Flyer
    Original Member

Deacon Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Skykits certainly still do exist. I received one a few days ago when the IFE froze half way through the flight.

14. Scott Schmidt

Status Points:
    Bizarre... The FAs yesterday looked at me like I was from another planet when I asked about them...

15. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Was this on a subsidiary United or Continental flight? If it was on subsidiary Continental then I'd probably understand why you received that reaction as they aren't accustomed to giving away the house or so to speak. However if it was on subsidiary United then I'd probably understand why you received that reaction as they are accustomed to giving away the house they could care less anymore. :p.

16. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I received a "customer appreciation" card on a flight end of March for a broken audio port, and the website worked ($150). It was a PM UA metal and the card looked kind-of beat-up like it had flown a million miles on that plane already, but hey, it worked :)

17. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I flew PBI-IAH on 4/22 on CO metal and there was an "issue" in coach as one of the f/a's came up to f/c and asked the purser for two appreciation cards where he promptly grabbed two from "the kit/box" and gave them to her

Flyer1976 likes this.
  18. Scott Schmidt

Status Points:
    It was PMCO... I wrote the 1Konly desk and we will see what they say in a month or so...

19. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Has anyone had any experince with customer relations?

Today, it has been over 2 months since 3/3 and they'd had enough time to get their ducks in a row, so it was time to get some stuff straightened out and see how the new customer relations would work. I called the Premier line and was transferred to customer care which had 35-45 wait, but they offered to call me back within the same time frame, so I left my phone number for a call back. 2 1/2 hour later the phone rang and I was of course in the restroom and missed it.

Guess who called?? Continental We (Don't) care trying to get a hold of me, the message ended with: Thanks for calling continental airlines.

Giddy up and good luck if that's customer relations.

When i called back, they'd gone for the day (open 8-6 central) I'll call back tomorrow and see what happens

20. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    What's the issue? Mileage Plus or flight issue? I've called MP Customer Service a number of times, and they generally pick up within a couple minutes, and they are open 24/7 (but off-hours it goes to Manila). For flight issues, I just email 1kvoice and wait patiently...they always get back to me eventually.