Has anybody noticed all the new content? the responsiveness of the mp team?

Discussion in 'Talk To Me' started by jbcarioca, Apr 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    During the last few days I have noticed a dramatic improvement in content. I have answered a good many questions and have asked a few too. That is a big change from a month ago.

Also during the last few days we have asked for things, such as screening Off Topic from What's New? and that has already been done. We still have all the games and trivia, but now the What's New? looks for more professional.

I ahve done my share of early griping, so it is only fair to comment when I already see big improvements.

Thanks very much, guys!:)

Exiled in Express, doc, kwai and 4 others like this.
  2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Another thing you'll be noticing is thread management. For instance, in the Newbie Forum where there is never (or should be an attempt) a cry to "use search", once a thread is one month old, we contact the OP and let them know we are moving that thread to a more defined location on milepoint. This does a few things, it means that the Newbie Forum will remain fresh in the eyes of the Newbie and certainly not be overwhelmed by what could be thousands of threads over the months and years. As well, it allows us to perform a little thread title maintenance as we move the thread into Hilton HHonors, AAdvantage or maybe even a destination travel forum. The nice thing is that when these threads join those other forums ... they have been vetted with a updated thread title if necessary and they are fully Qed and Aed. These are among the many things we have been able to formulate just by watching and collecting the information of how newbies and other new members to milepoint use this website. I think there might have been a slight disconnect from some of the early users that just are so used to FlyerTalk or other places that they wanted things to work and be like that. Honestly, we have taken the time to throw out the past practices of many things and simply be patient enough to look at each member and the new mix of members from fresh eyes. We'll take any criticism of why not more forums, why not change this and be comfortable that this is not FlyerTalk 2.0, this is something being started with open eyes and open minds and if some things look familiar, that's cool as well and we're only to glad to extend the compliment to the source. This is the month of change for content and I'm really enjoying getting out and being in some of the newer conversations. Thanks for noticing what is actually a small change with much more to come. And I will be so happy when we can get our next release of software with more features. But I've got to say, we have some members here who I never knew elsewhere and they really rock. Sort of nice to have some sun in to allow many new members to blossom. Thanks all. Now I've got to get back to work on ... the referral program and coupon connection.

3. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm so glad you said that. After having some "issues" on FT lately, MilePoint is like a breath of fresh air. Many of us have "cut our teeth" on FlyerTalk or other highly regarded message forums and I know I prefer consistency, open communication and transparency.

As a person who like "neat and orderly" things, If you build this site with the proper foundation, members/users/contributors that come along later will fall in line.

doc, Tim O'Brien, Gargoyle and 2 others like this.