Has American Stopped Releasing International Saver Award Space?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Nov 23, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I would mark this as "developing" for the time being, and wouldn't draw any conclusions just yet. There's no doubt that there has been a trend the past several years whereby American is releasing less and less saver award space, particularly in premium cabins on international routes. Back in the day American had an amazing amount of saver level award space on their own flights, unlike any other US airline. But over the years the trend has slowly been going in the opposite direction, to the point that booking a saver level premium cabin award seat between the US and Europe on American metal in advance is almost impossible. For me the ultimate example of this was several weeks back when I was looking to fly between London and New York. I was trying to book a first class award day of departure when not a single first class seat was taken on two flights, yet they still weren't releasing saver award space. That being said, economy saver award space has generally been quite good, at least up until now. The post Has American Stopped Releasing International Saver Award Space? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...