Has AA published anything regards the Extra Rewards Program for 2014?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by GCarvalho, Oct 20, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. GCarvalho

GCarvalho Active Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know if AA has published anything regarding the Extra Rewards (2013) or the 8 additional SWUs after 125k points (pre-2013)?

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, it's pretty much been concluded there will be nothing as we had last year. Some have said if you pass 150K EQMs/125K EQPs you could call in and ask for another pair of eVIPs. Otherwise, once you pass 100 EQMs or EQPs your 8 new eVIPs get deposited in two or three days, at least that's how mine showed up last week. Assume my new card and tags will be sent out soon too. Miss those extra eVIPs from the tired promotion last year but I've still got one Feb2014 expiry and have just used three more to upgrade some domestic flights for later this month. Shame to use them on domestic flights but have no AA overseas flights schedule for January or February since I'll be burning miles from MP (F to BKK/HKG on LH/TG) and AA (J to CPT on QR) through the peak of the winter.

jbcarioca and danielwood like this.
  3. zphelj

zphelj Gold Member

Status Points:
    Better to give them away to people with international flights. Good Karma I'm told :)

jbcarioca and estnet like this.
  4. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have regularly, both AA and UA (GPUs and RPUs). And AC eUpgrade credits when we could transfer them. However, AA has cracked down on eVIPs being assigned to third parties so I like to be able to identify recipients as friends or relatives if challenged.

jbcarioca and Newscience like this.
  5. JonNYC
    Original Member

JonNYC Silver Member

Status Points:
    They've cracked down on traders and seller, there has absolutely been no crackdown on "eVIPs being assigned to third parties" generally.

zphelj and jbcarioca like this.
  6. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    And how do they distinguish between someone who sells to others and someone who gifts to friends and relatives?

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Dunno, but they've never questioned me and I give away several each time I get them. I give them only to real friends, however, and so far they've all already been in my Business ExtrAA profile anyway.

zphelj and Flyer1976 like this.
  8. zphelj

zphelj Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've given away quite a few, many to friends of fiends, never had a problem.

jbcarioca likes this.
  9. JonNYC
    Original Member

JonNYC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very, very easily.

jbcarioca likes this.