Harry Potter Universal Studios

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Destinations' started by FrequentMiler, Aug 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. FrequentMiler

FrequentMiler Gold Member

Status Points:
    My family will be in Orlando for MLK weekend in January and would like to see the Harry Potter exhibit at Universal. Currently Universal is running a vacation promotion that includes hotel, breakfast at The Three Broomsticks, etc., but it requires a four night stay. We're only planning two nights (but could do three if necessary). Does anyone know of great relevant deals? Lodging at Universal? Tickets to Universal? Backstage passes? etc? Thanks in advance

nime01 and miles and smiles like this.
  2. WanderLuster
    Original Member

WanderLuster Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't know of any great deals off-hand, hopefully someone else will chime in. I spent one night/one day at Universal in June this year to go to Universal/HP World. I definitely recommend staying on-site. When staying at an on-site hotel you get front-of the line access and get into HP World an hour early (or at least you did when we were there). We got up, went to the park, rode HP Legendary Journey, both sides of the Dragon Coaster, and the Flight of the Hippogriff, then got in line for Ollivander's as the world was just beginning to fill up. We did breakfast in the Three Broomsticks (it was meh).

By the end of the day, using the front-of-line passes, we hit every ride we wanted to (and did multiple rides on our favorites) in both parks and then came back to HP World to see Hogsmeade at night, have dinner at the Three Broomsticks (much better than breakfast), beer at the Hog's Head, and one last ride on HP Legendary Journey. It was an awesome (and tiring) day --- but defintely think that, for us, more than 2 days would have been overkill at Universal.

nime01 likes this.
  3. safetymom
    Original Member

safetymom Silver Member

Status Points:
    It sounds like you were looking at the Harry Potter package. I would just get a regular package and pay for Three Broomsticks. I also think 4 days is a lot at Universal. You might want to think about Sea World, Aquatica, Discovery Cove.

nime01 likes this.
  4. bjdriscoll

bjdriscoll Silver Member

Status Points:
    Four days is a lot for Universal. You can do both parks (Universal and Islands of Adventure) in one day. Certainly, you can take your time and take an entire day to do each park but, unless you want to see absolutely everything at each park, you may want to plan a day for Sea World, Disney or Discovery Cove. Universal is fun and has some good rides, but, personally, four days is too much.

nime01 likes this.
  5. safetymom
    Original Member

safetymom Silver Member

Status Points:
    It all depends what the OP wants to see at Universal Orlando. If they are big Harry Potter fans you could spend a good part of the day at Islands of Adventure.

nime01 likes this.