Handle Reconsideration Call for Spouse?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by Explore, May 10, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    We plan to make a reconsideration call for a couple of card applications my wife made two days ago. She wants me to make the call on her behalf. Is that OK, or does the bank need to speak with the actual applicant? I have all the data she submitted.

The banks are Bank of America and Bank of Hawaii (which contracts out).

Thanks.....

2. ijnk

ijnk Silver Member

Status Points:
    You might need her around when you call just to give permission for you to speak on her behalf. I've not had to do this for recon issues but have called on my wife's behalf for several other CC issues

3. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    jwsky and Explore like this.
  4. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
  5. susimaru

susimaru Member

Status Points:
    Hi very useful information

6. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Ed Chandler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ha, ... believe it or not, I've developed scripts for my wife and we have pre-call coaching sessions. ;-)

Dad to GO, Misterstuf and daninstl like this.
  7. loadedquestion

loadedquestion Member

Status Points:
    Well, if you are both foreigners with names that won't differentiate whether you are a male or female, you can call away. I've been able to call for my wife, parents, and siblings and pretend to be them for different purposes. I had only maybe one or two calls where they called me out on it.

8. Misterstuf
    Original Member

Misterstuf Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have done the same with my wife. She understands and appreciates the hobby, but she puts me in charge of the heavy lifting.

9. jamesb2147

jamesb2147 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Depends on the bank, too. My girlfriend used to work in a Capital One call center. It's their policy to not question you on gender/sex discrepancies. I had actually had a US-based Capital One CS rep laugh when I told him he was speaking with "she," but then he realized I was serious and proceeded through the rest of the call normally.

10. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    I do the same... however she still got denied for the most recent Chase Ink card (her 2nd business card) so I am thinking about calling in myself and just saying I'm her. I am really curious as to what/if the Chase representative will say anything.

11. kmann31

kmann31 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I call for my husband all the time. I have yet to be officially called out for it, however, they often end the call by saying "thanks for calling, ma'am.". Whoops!