HAMPTON INN WHITE PLAINS/TARRYTOWN

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Philphactor, Dec 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Philphactor
    Original Member

Philphactor Silver Member

Status Points:
    1-night weekday stay in Dec 2011
    MVP rate $159.20

The good:

• Location. Easy access from I-87 & I-287.
    • Friendly staff. Folks here seemed to take pride in their work and relationships with guests.
    • Free Parking. 'nuf said!
    Here's the not so good:

• Parking. This building is set against a hill/mountain, so quite a bit of walking from the back 40 of the parking lot. My thoughts as I walked to the front entrance were exactly this "Thank God it's not icy/snowy out". Steep walk to/from parking to hotel front.
    • Property access. Have to do a u-turn to get into property if not coming from Tarrytown, and need to do a u-turn to head back into Tarrytown. Not difficult, but kind of annoying.
    • Building showing age. It appears the rooms themselves and the breakfast area were recently remodeled/refreshed, but the rest of the property looks warn, especially elevators and hallways.
    • Not enough attention for breakfast. Some food and beverage items ran out and took several minutes to refresh.
    This property probably won't be my first choice in this area again. I'll probably go back to the Doubletree Hotel Tarrytown, although their rates can be a little high for the area.

uggboy likes this.