Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport review

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by DAS02135, Dec 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Overall, for the price compared to the other HHonors properties, I'd probably stay here again.

The good:
    • The rooms have been recently remodeled.
    • The front desk recognized my diamond status. In addition to giving me waters, they also had a little goodie bag with shortbread cookies and a couple other snacks. The desk made it clear "this is something we do for elites on our own"
    • The staff is genuinely pleasant. Even the desk clerk at 5:30am was nice to chat with.
    • The Hampton Inn is usually the least expensive of the HHonors properties with shuttles to the airport

The bad:
    • They could do a better job of soundproofing. If you're a light sleeper, you may have trouble sleeping with the takeoff and landing noise. I didn't keep me from sleeping, but people could hear the planes while I was talking on the phone while in my room. That's never happened to me before!
    • You have to call the hotel if you want shuttle pickup from the airport.
    • I didn't receive the room a reserved. I reserved one of the rooms with a study and sofa bed and got a normal king room. Honestly, I didn't even notice until check out since I simply selected the study room because it was the same price and so I didn't mention it to the hotel to fix, but it could have been a problem if I needed the sofa bed.

Horse and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing your insights about many diverse Hilton Family properties, makes for interesting reading! Thumbs up and thanks again!:) Keep posting!:)

Horse likes this.
  3. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    They've actually renovated that hotel already? It just opened in 2007.

I've stayed there a couple of times. I generally prefer the DoubleTree next door. I agree with your assessment of the Hampton - nice place, especially for a Hampton, but not enough soundproofing.

4. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the clarification. I must have misunderstood what the desk meant when they said something about the room being new.

I'm going to try to the DoubleTree next time. Want to add a review so I know what to expect :)