Review Hampton Inn Schiphol Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by nldogbert, Aug 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. nldogbert

nldogbert Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just had a one night stay here before an early AM flight.

Location: close to the Hoofdorp train station. Should be walkable even with large luggage. I did not take the train nor the shuttle since I had my own car. Parking looks to be free.

Check-in: All documents were prepared ahead of time. Welcome letter included. Friendly staff. Informed during the check-in that I will be leaving early and was surprised that they offered a take-away breakfast.

Room: Was allocated a room facing the train station and the AMS runway. Not the most spacious room, but to me it was sufficient. It is basically your typical Hampton Inn room format.

Bathroom/Toilet: Stand-in shower with dispenser type body shower, conditioner, shampoo. For me it was much better quality products compared to those found at HIExpress (my reference).

Breakfast: It is available from 0630 to 1030. Since I left early, I was given a take-away breakfast. It was a very fulfilling package with lots of small baguettes, croissant, OJ, yogurt, slices of cold cuts (ham and cheese), butter, jams, fruit, etc. One of the best take-away breakfast package I have gotten which in my opinion can be extended to a lunch package.

Wifi/TV: This was free throughout the hotel. Signal strength was good even in the room. TV channels in my opinion had a good variety of different programs and language.

Overall: I very good hotel not only for the airport, but for visitors to surrounding area, including Amsterdam for a reasonable price since the train service is frequent and runs till late in the night.

Recognition: As usual for all Hamptons Inn, no big extras. [I wonder if I should have gotten at least a bottle of water? - did not complain since you can drink water from the tap in NL and they had coffee/tea making facilities in the room provided]

Entrance to the room:
    [​IMG]
    View out from the window (train station + runway)
    [​IMG]