Hampton Inn Quincy, IL reviews

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by DAS02135, Dec 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is a very standard Hampton Inn. There's nothing special about the property, but there weren't any deal-breakers either.

Here are the points in its favor:
    • It's the only Hilton family property within 30 miles. If you want you points, there is where you're going to be!
    • It's in a quiet area. It's a couple blocks off the main streets and there's not much around it for a square block which is open at night.
    • Some recognition of repeat customers. On my second one-night stay, there was a welcome amenity consisting of a water and bag of mini chips ahoy cookies in my room when I arrived. I think this was more a repeat customer amenity than a recognition of status.

Here's what keeps me from speaking more glowingly about the property:
    • The rooms were a little worn. This was particularly true for the sofas in the rooms. They looked old and tired and, with a gray, green, and red upholstery, made the room a little depressing.
    • There are not many food options within convenient walking distance of the property. A restaurant across the parking lot called The Patio was fine, but it was expensive for what it was. If you stay at the cluster of hotels 7-10 minutes away on the highway, there is virtually every fast food and casual dining chain in very close proximity. But, if you do stay in that cluster, you aren't getting HHonors points!
    • The parking lot in front of the hotel fills up quickly. During both my one-night stays, the parking lot in front of the hotel was completely filled by 9pm. There is a second parking lot across the street which is safe and not too far away, but it was still a bit inconvenient with luggage.
    • There was absolutely no status recognition of my Diamond status on my first stay. No “we have your HHonors information on file.” No water. No nothing. I didn’t even get the room location preference which is in my profile, and I booked at least a month ahead.

While there's nothing really wrong with this place, some rubbed me the wrong way. If another HHonors property opened within 20 minutes, I'd give it my business instead.

uggboy likes this.