Hampton Inn Portsmouth, NH

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by DAS02135, Feb 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

We stayed at this Hampton Inn on a Saturday night after touring the Smuttynose and Redhook breweries in Portsmouth. If I needed a place to stay in the area, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Rooms: The room was up-to-date, with a large bathroom. The only annoying element was the thermostat glowed green like a bright nightlight, and we could not figure out how to turn it off. They may be in the midst of a re-model, as they were doing something to the rooms on the first floor.
    • Location: Maybe a five minute drive to the downtown area. The hotel is very quiet, as it is a bit off the main road and next time a mall parking lot.
    • Breakfast: Standard Hampton Inn food. Nothing remarkable, either on the good or bad side.
    • Manager's reception: The reception includes two local beers on tap, wine, soda, and I think some liquor. There were also pretzels, chips with salsa and cheese, cookies, apples, and bananas. I believe it is held Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday nights.
    • Shuttle: This was the first time I ever took advantage of a hotel's offer to drop off and pick up within a five-mile radius of the hotel. We used the shuttle to get to and from a bowling alley, and we didn't have to wait more than 10 minutes for the shuttle either time. It worked wonderfully!
    • Status recognition: None by the desk staff, but there was a bottle of water and packet of Chips Ahoy cookies in the room.
    PedroNY and uggboy like this.