Hampton Inn Mount Vernon, IL reviews

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by DAS02135, Dec 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This hotel is in a cluster of hotels (Hampton Inn, Fairfield Inn, Days Inn, Comfort Suites are just the ones I could see from the parking lot) and causal restaurants (Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel, Buffalo Wild Wings, Applebees, and McDonalds are the ones I passed as I drove the block from the highway to the hotel) off of I-64 and I-57 in Mount Vernon, IL.

While it’s nothing to look at from the outside, there was quite a bit I enjoyed about the hotel, including:

• Happy hour: Monday-Thursday from 5-6:30pm they have wine, liquor, and bar snacks available in the breakfast area. When you check-in they give you a few tickets, and you can redeem each one for a drink. There were three wines, 7-10 well liquors, and a wide variety of mixers. I didn’t see any beer. While I’ve seen free beer at a Hampton Inn managers’ reception, I’ve never seen free liquor before.
    • Nice public areas and rooms: The lobby and breakfast sitting area has a home-y feel, and is a nice change from the tiles floors and two-top Formica tables at many Hamptons.
    • GM’s pride in the property: The GM has been with the hotel since it open 13 years and several ownership groups ago. She takes pride in the hotel, and it is evident in the little touches like the happy hour and the friendly staff. The desk clerk even called 30 minutes after I checked in to make sure my room was okay.
    • Quiet: Since the hotel is a couple blocks off the highways and is at the end of the stretch with all the hotels and restaurants, it is really quite.

Mrs. Gargoyle, Jimgotkp and uggboy like this.
  2. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The one downside to this property is they do not have wireless anywhere in the hotel. The in-room internet requires an ethernet connection.

Jimgotkp and uggboy like this.
  3. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nothing better than a GM who is proud of their property and treats their employees well so they are happy as well!

uggboy likes this.