Hampton Inn - Ann Arbor North n South Compared

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Handleman20, Jan 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Handleman20

Handleman20 Silver Member

Status Points:
    In an effort to steer folks towards the 'better' Hampton Inn in Ann Arbor, Michigan I've decided to summarize my findings. I'm in the midst of a 5-day mattress run hopping back and forth between the North location (which rocks) and the South location (which does anything but, so far) and here's what I've noticed.

The North location folks greeted me as an official Golden Water Buffalo (not really, they said "Gold Member") and provided me with all my lovely little perks and baubles... and a coupon. The coupon was so I could select my free snacks if I didn't happen to be in the room when they brought around the "complimentary snack cart" that they have for HHonors members. They had water, candy, gatorade, juice... it was pretty cool and also the first time I had seen that in a Hampton. The room was clean and quiet (except for my exceptionally amorous neighbors for about an hour at midnight) and the front desk even called me to make sure that my room was acceptable. I asked them for directions to Zingermans Deli and they not only provided them, the front desk lady even asked me if I found it and what I had when I returned. The only negative was that the shower was a little tight and I kept brushing up against the shower curtain as they don't have the curved shower rods installed. Overall, probably the best experience I've ever had at a Hampton Inn.

In comparison, the South Hampton Inn location was... well, it wasn't the North location. The front desk clerk was exceedingly unprofessional looking. He was nice enough but didn't know where anything 'local' was, instead referring me to the Applebees down the street, then to the Joe's Crab Shack when I tried to explain what I meant by "local". The room was adequate but not up to the North location standards and was a bit strangely configured... everything was on a 45 degree angle it seemed. When I left, there was no interaction at all... he was kind of just staring off into space. Overall not a BAD experience but not the North one.

In closing... go north. :)

uggboy likes this.
  2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did the people at the North Hampton give you directions to the Applebee's in their neighborhood?

(It's adjacent so that even someone from Columbus should be able to find it) --- or did they send you to the Big Boy, or to Carsons (which is owned by the people who own the Real Seafood).

<lol>

DTWBOB

uggboy likes this.
  3. Handleman20

Handleman20 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I actually about fell over laughing when I noticed the Applebees practically attached to North... they were awesome there though. They must have gone somewhere non-Wolverized.

uggboy likes this.