Hampton 100% Satisfaction Guarantee

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Jim, Apr 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jim
    Original Member

Jim Silver Member

Status Points:
    Rarely, if ever do I use it, but when I have a legitimate claim, I am not afraid to.

HI in Scottsburgh, IN (VERY Strange, non-traditional Hampton Layout) for two nights.

On night one, by the time I finally turned on the TV at 11 PM, it was completely bonkers. As I found out later, they had just changed all of the systems to a new cable company with remote boxes. The boxes are located behind the cabinet and they have a little remote relay glued to the front of the TV. The relay for my set was just kind of hanging there.
    I reported this (and the always maddening only decaf coffee in the room) the next morning. The woman was nice and wrote up the report. That night, when I returned to the room, the cable was still dangling so I did a temporary fix with a band-aid.
    The following morning when I checked out, as soon as I mentioned the 100% satisfaction guarantee, the lady at the desk was trying try argue with me saying it was not their problem. At 6AM I have no desire to argue with the night clerk, I picked up the business card for the manager and called her later in the day.
    She was apologetic, and immediately agreed to reverse charges for one night.

Traveller and SC Flier like this.
  2. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I had a recent stay in Hampton Inn Tampa/Rocky Point where I was unable to get sustained hot water for a shower. I reported it to the desk and they credited me for that night without my asking them to do so...plus it was fixed the next day.

3. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think of it as an excellent incentive for the hotel to fix problems. On my last stay the AC in my room wasn't working and it was quite warm. I reported the problem before going out to dinner and it was fixed by the time I returned. Had it not been fixed, I would likely have taken advantage of the guarantee.

Andyandy

4. Indiana Delta Diamond
    Original Member

Indiana Delta Diamond Silver Member

Status Points:
    The sad part is I mostly don't want a refund since I won't get the points. :)

5. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Exactly :) I would rather have the stay count and if I get a refund ... would I?