Half off Sale at Select Hiltons

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by alohastephen, Dec 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/offer...WAJM0US1HN2REP4ThankYouSale5Thankyou7GW841255

Book By 07 Jan 2013. Stay Between 14 Dec 2012 and 07 Jan 2013.
    Save up to 50% off the Best Available Rate at participating hotels and resorts throughout the Hilton Worldwide portfolio. All stays are eligible to earn Hilton HHonors™ Points. Whether you’re traveling near or far, make this the best holiday yet by booking a room for yourself or your loved ones.
    Save 50% at these participating hotels and resorts:
    -Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites, and Hilton Grand Vacations
    Save 30% at these participating hotels and resorts:
    - Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, Homewood Suites, and Home2 Suites
    Help us spread the light and warmth of hospitality this holiday season by sharing this special offer with your friends and family.
    Offer available exclusively through this webpage. *Offer not available on December 31, 2012.

2. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a hotel sale that seems to be actually useful. I see some very nice prices out there.
    And it looks like one of the sweet spots is with Doubletree (though not limited to).

Some quick recon of northeastern east-coast US cities is returning late December dates (21-25) with all-in prices of, for example, $56.68 (Doubletree on Logan Circle in DC), $57.02 (PHL airport Hilton), and $56.93 (Doubletree at BDL).

miles and smiles, Kalboz and dmel like this.
  5. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a stay from 04-Jan to 08-Jan. The nightly rate through 07-Jan is 44% lower than the rate I have booked. I'd love to be able to utilize this promo for the first three nights, then pay the current rate for the last night. Reservationist at the 800# says the only way to do this would be to make two reservations, and hope that the property will accommodate and let us stay in the same room. Before I go ahead with that (or call the front desk and inquire), I thought I'd see what y'all thought....

alohastephen likes this.
  6. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is pretty awesome actually... I have friends coming over for Christmas and they were all booked at SPG hotels which were cheaper than Hilton when I previously checked.

Now the Hilton rate is 30-40% cheaper than the SPG hotels, and the hotels are closer, so everybody wins. :)

alohastephen likes this.
  7. funtrainsf

funtrainsf Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would pull the trigger. They will let you stay in there (more than likely). You may have to just get your key(s) recoded on the last day. Heck, with this kind of price break, even having to move room(s) for one last night is probably worth it.

I love this deal. I had consecutive nights booked at a Hampton Inn in Savannah, GA in December using points one night and $120 the second (plus taxes). I cancelled all that and now have a room at the Hilton Savannah DeSoto for $54 per night (plus taxes). Got my points back for the one night previously booked, spending less on two nights than one, at a better hotel, and earning points for both my nights. Love it!

dmel, Kalboz and alohastephen like this.
  8. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep... I was looking at $115 rooms and the Doubletree came out to $59 a night with this sale. It would be a crazy opportunity for anybody that needs some last minute mattress runs.

alohastephen likes this.
  9. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does the sale apply upfront when you book (i.e., the rooms appear 50% cheaper) or is it assessed at check out?

alohastephen and Kalboz like this.
  10. WhiteDesert

Status Points:
    "Does the sale apply upfront when you book (i.e., the rooms appear 50% cheaper) or is it assessed at check out"

The reduced prices are showing up during the initial search. You can choose properties on the basis of the sale prices.

11. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah it's funny because they don't hide the regular rates... so if you didn't know you're sitting there wondering "wait, what's wrong with that room that it's so cheap?" :)

alohastephen likes this.
  12. WhiteDesert

Status Points:
    You're getting the normal prices to show up, dovetailed in with these specific sale prices?

That's interesting--I don't think that's the way it's been working when I search. I've only been able to return the sale prices by traveling to HHonors using the specific "Thank you" sale link. Doing so provides me with a dialog area on the left side of the screen tagged with "Find a Participating Hotel" (the normal search dialog box remains up at the top of the page--the set-up is the same as when you go searching for "Offers"). Searching for "Participating Hotels" returns the sale prices.

So, for example, if I just pop into my account and search DC with a check-in date of 17 December 2012, the Capital Hilton comes back with rooms starting at $184. If I go in and specifically search for the sale prices, the Capital Hilton returns starting prices of $124. The Embassy Suites at the Convention Center is returning $149 and $74, respectively.

Did you do it differently? Perhaps there is an simpler way than following that specific link in?

13. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you select a particular property, you can select with checkboxes what rates to display. So you can see BAR, AAA, and the thankyou promo rate at once.

alohastephen likes this.
  14. WhiteDesert

Status Points:
    Yup, I see what you're saying. It's not presenting the thank you promo to me as one of the options--BAR; AAA; AARP; Government, etc., sure, but not the thank you. I'm probably doing something wrong.

Not important, I guess, as the link works.

Thanks, though.

15. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep. I was looking at one property I was interested in and that's exactly what it showed me.

However the Thank You rate seems to be gone on the same property today, so either the sale is over or it was limited quantities for that particular hotel.

alohastephen and dmel like this.
  16. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only way I got the thankyou rate to show on the detailed rate page was by searching for properties from the Thankyou promo landing page, then clicking on the button for the property from that results page.

alohastephen and viguera like this.
  17. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh wow... I see that as well now.

If I go through the regular Hilton website, only the standard rates show up. If I go through the sale link above and search, then the Thank You rate shows up as well.

Sneaky, and I wonder how many people are missing out on this because they're just searching hilton.com

alohastephen, funtrainsf and dmel like this.
  18. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    You scared me there (I still haven't changed my reservation to take advantage of the thank you rate)! I still see it at my property, so it's not a promo-wide issue.

alohastephen likes this.
  19. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Presumably, you could enter a promo code while searching from hilton.com, but I don't know what that promo code would be. Not sure if a reservationist would disclose it, either. I did not that the landing page does have this language:

alohastephen likes this.
  20. funtrainsf

funtrainsf Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had to explain to several people that you NEED TO FOLLOW the link. But even then, there are 2 areas to perform the hotel search. MUST use the left side of the landing page and NOT the top area.

alohastephen and dmel like this.
  21. WhiteDesert

Status Points:
    So this sale turns out to be perfectly timed. After a trip this week, I had thought that work-related travel for 2012 was done. Then this afternoon I get asked to do a surgical strike out to PDX for a couple of days. Rates in the $50s are fantastic (I always get raised eyebrows when I switch hotels to increase stays--no one understands; in this case, the prices will appear to be the driving force and I won't have to have that conversation again). Brilliant.

22. msv
    Original Member

msv Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just worked perfectly for me:D

alohastephen likes this.
  23. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just changed my four night stay, 4-Jan to 8-Jan to two separate reservations: 4-Jan to 7-Jan using the Thank You promo (done, btw, on the phone with a reservationist, not on the website), and a separate reservation from 7-Jan to 8-Jan using my corp rate. Total savings for the four night stay? $1200. That. Is. Awesome.

24. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wsih this was the sale rate for the January and any weekend anywhere sale.

alohastephen likes this.
  25. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am killing it on this promo. Made 3 weekend stays for snowboarding trips through the holidays. Fantastic!