Hagia Sophia - Istanbul Turkey

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Lufthansa Flyer, Aug 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    One of the nicest places to visit in Istanbul, and a must see!

Please visit my site for my TR and pictures. Sorry about the redirect, but I won't ask you to sign up for a credit card! :)

2. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am glad you posted this...I had been reading parts of that TR a while back and was eagerly awaiting the rest of it and forgot about it. IST is high on my list and I was enjoying the TR before. On an unrelated note though...I was disappointed to read your TR about Hong Kong (which was linked) and see the post about eating shark fin soup. :(

uggboy likes this.
  3. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had tried it once, and it was more than enough. It's amazing however how many people I observed eating it.

4. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    thanks for the posting. We were there just over three years ago and had a fantastic time. We stayed in SultanAhmet just around the corner from there.

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  5. Slow_Mustang
    Original Member

Slow_Mustang Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is one of the three sites located next each other, the others being the Cistern and the Blue Mosque. They should all be covered together.

Sweet Willie and Lufthansa Flyer like this.
  6. savingrace

savingrace Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Hagia Sophia is one of my favorite places in the world. What a jewel! We were in Istanbul in the middle of winter, it was freezing, but very few tourists. And the taxi drivers were all excellent, even though we heard over and over how rude they were. So you just never know.