Hacked TSA master luggage keys are 3D printed

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by Gargoyle, Sep 22, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Should have tackled her.

About 20 years ago, OAK had such security checks. I don't think I ever saw it in any other U.S. airport. Have seen it in a few foreign airports (India comes to mind).

2. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    And the G-Man want Apple to supply the code for the back door to IPhones..

Dublin_rfk likes this.
  3. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not exactly. Actually, they want Apple to create such a key and give it to them. They promise they'll take good care of it. What could possibly go wrong . . .

Dublin_rfk, satman40 and Gargoyle like this.
  4. darrell888

darrell888 Active Member

Status Points:
    I usually don't check luggage or I check things which no one would steal. However one time I went on a cruise. The ship was going into dry dock right after my cruise. They were heavily discounting things in order to clear out the shops. Bought a $300 bottle of cognac for $80. Cannot carry on alcohol bought outside the airport. So I had to check it. It was stolen. After days dealing with the airline they refunded me the $80. I wanted my bottle of cognac replaced. No way I'll be able to buy that cognac for $80. :(

Dublin_rfk and Gargoyle like this.
  5. quiquefepe

quiquefepe Active Member

Status Points:
    Technology nowadays is our best friend and most feared enemy; yes, an oxymoron. There are no fool proof safe bags. I agree that the safest way is your carry-on.

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Today my wife and I picked up our UM niece at the airport. My wife went to the gate to get her and I went to the bag claim to wait for them. Her bag arrived quickly (thanks, good job as always, AS) and so I "absconded" with it to meet them at the escalators leading to the parking garage. No one stopped me, of course.

7. LandingSoon

LandingSoon New Member

Status Points:
    The TSA is nothing more than a jobs program for low skilled workers.

It's all security theater and they actively do nothing to keep us safer.

I cant post links yet but look it up yourself. The TSA fails 95% of airport security tests and the US government wastes a lot of funding each year on the US Air Marshals program. I think the TSA budget is $1BILLION/year. Sad to know it's a complete waste and does nothing to keep us safer.