HA CO Partnership after CO/UA Merger

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Airlines | HawaiianMiles' started by BobInLA, Jul 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. BobInLA

BobInLA Active Member

Status Points:
    Anyone know whether or not HA will keep CO as an earning/redemption partner after the merger? I can't imagine, as UA has its own Hawaii schedules, but stranger things have happened. I've been looking for a new partner to credit miles to and HA seems to be my first pick (admittedly based on the destination!).

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    UA has service to more destinations within the islands than CO did on its own but both have been HA partners for flights within the islands and I would expect that at least that part will stay; everyone wins with that plan.

That said, which carrier(s) are you flying that you're looking to find a partner to credit to? If your goal is flights to Hawaii I'd strongly consider looking at the AS program. Lots of options there.

3. BobInLA

BobInLA Active Member

Status Points:
    The intra-island credits are positives, don't get me wrong, but they won't apply to me very much. I actually am a member in AS's Mileage Plan, but I prefer to use those miles for SkyTeam/oneworld options (as UA/CO were my Star Alliance option) and I'm looking to earn for a Hawaii trip down the road a bit. I suspect HA will lose UA once the merge is complete. A shame.