Gun Tourism Doesn’t Appeal To Vast Majority of Americans

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by uggboy, Sep 5, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Gun Tourism Doesn’t Appeal To Vast Majority of Americans

Mapsmith and Newscience like this.
  2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    They don't need to appeal to a vast majority- they just need to appeal to a small dedicated (some would say fanatic) base that will pay large amounts for the experience. They can be extremely profitable with relatively low overhead.

Mapsmith, anileze, gaijin62 and 2 others like this.
  3. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    This seems so much like non-news. "Bible tourism doesn't appeal to vast majority." "Baseball tourism doesn't appeal to vast majority." "Triathalon training tourism doesn't appeal to vast majority."

Desert camping probably doesn't appeal to the vast majority, either, but at least 65,000 people seemed to decide it would be a good idea this year...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    Mapsmith, uggboy and Gargoyle like this.
  4. jwsky
    Original Member

jwsky Silver Member

Status Points:
    I do not think most of the shooters go to Las Vegas or Arizona as gun tourists. It is just something advertised at the hotel like a side trip to the Hoover dam.

Mapsmith and uggboy like this.
  5. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wish I had known you could get a job as a journalist writing about what doesn't interest people. I'm with @jwsky I don't think many people plan to go on these vacations for the guns, I think it is a fringe benefit to going to Vegas or where ever. I love an afternoon at the range, but you won't see me planning my vacation around it... and similarly I wouldn't waste an afternoon in Hawaii shooting.

traveltoomuch, Mapsmith and satman40 like this.
  6. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    "Points and Miles don't appeal to vast majority."

Mapsmith and traveltoomuch like this.
  7. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Many waste an afternoon bringing out the Canon, and shooting pictures in Hawaii.

Mapsmith likes this.
  8. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You seem to have an addiction, sure hope it is not contagious, my wife says I have a similar problem,...she has an LV and Chanel
    Purse Problem.

Mapsmith and Gargoyle like this.
  9. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well said and so true. I largely stopped taking pictures a while back. If you want to see Melbourne take your own holiday! I'm going to enjoy my trip with my own eyes, not through a viewfinder. :D

This has become particularly obnoxious at Disneyland. Cell phones and their lights ruining dark rides or reflecting in my glasses and blinding me. You know, because everyone at home is going to want to watch junior ride Snow White's Scary Adventure for the first time. :mad: And what does mommy get out of it? A crappy video and no actual experience of the attraction.

Mapsmith, jwsky and satman40 like this.
  10. moongoddess

moongoddess Silver Member

Status Points:
    Tomorrow's headline: "Water is wet!"

What recreational activity ever appeals to the vast majority? Plus, most Americans who are interested in firearms don't need to resort to tourism to get some range time in. So it's not surprising that gun tourism isn't something most Americans are interested in.

11. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Nope. Tomorrow's headline: "Water is deadly".
    Did you know that 100% of people who drink water either are dead or will die*? It's all a conspiracy of the government, the mega-rich, and the secret society of the Acqualuminati.

(no one who drank water has ever been found alive just 130 years later.)

12. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is good. I almost literally laugh out loud.
    Luckily I was not drinking anything else I would probably have made a mess of my laptop.

Flyer1976 likes this.