Guesting into lounges

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by foxberg, Aug 8, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not a newbie, but have a question. For the first time in like forever I won't have an access to the Admirals Club on my next couple of trips (cancelled my AA Citi Executive after the latest AA program collapse). I was trying to find a thread that would allow guesting requests but to no avail. I know TOBB #$%les were suspending members just by asking this question and I'm curious if such thread exists here for JFK, LGA, DFW, etc.
    Thanks.

satman40 likes this.
  2. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why not apply for the Citi Prestige Card, before the rules changed..or have your wife apply for the Exec Card..

3. SamanthaFrank

SamanthaFrank Member

Status Points:
    Totally agree with Satman40, apply for the Citi Prestige Card

Pizzaman likes this.
  4. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I see no benefit in applying for Citi Prestige Card. I don't need a third Priority Pass Select. And even after the $250 travel reimbursement I still can't justify spending $200 annually on something I don't need. I expect 2017 to be the last year I'd be flying on AA (for miles, I won't spend a dime with them anymore) and after that I'll switch to United. Then I'll open United MileagePlus Club card. That's why I was interested in being guested into the AC on my upcoming trip. I was even trying to trade my United passes for AC passes. And my wife doesn't need the Exec card either. Besides, she'll be sitting in KAL or AirFrance lounge at JFK through Priority Pass since we fly on different airlines this time.

5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Never apply for a card, if you do not use the perks.

Everyone seems to have United passes, AC is a little harder to come by.

This game changes ever year, I churn cards ever time the AF is due, and re asses my value for that card..''the CPC card has returned me over $4,000 this year so far.

4/17 we booked a PEK FC 67,500 with AA, so for me it may be worth applying in my name, next year,

It is a great game, but most of our miles gets gifted.

Dublin_rfk likes this.