GSP-PSP Mileage run suggestions for Dec 2013.

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by oversteer, Nov 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. oversteer

oversteer Active Member

Status Points:
    I have two trips next month for business.

Flying out Dec9 returning Dec11, and flying out Dec 17 returning Dec20.

I have found Delta GSP-ATL-SEA-SFO-PSP, price is okay but would like to do better if possible.
    Need around 11,000 Delta MQM miles to hit next level and this route will work, but would like to here from the pros.

Thanks,

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    TravelBear and jrp2 like this.
  2. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    How much did you pay?

3. oversteer

oversteer Active Member

Status Points:
    Haven't purchased yet. One week was $750 and the other was $1150.

4. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Consider CLT-HNL which can be done with same day return(ish) for sub $800 from what I am seeing. This will get you very close, if not where you want to be.

5. oversteer

oversteer Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the suggestion TravelBear.
    I may not have been clear. I have to go to PSP for work two weeks in a row. I am looking for routes to maximise the mileage of this trip. I posted one possible route above.

6. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah, I thought you were looking for an additional MR to hit your net level. That route you posted is the route, x2, that would meet your needs. You were just looking for alternatives. I would say if you can book that routing you probably ought to. What medallion level are you currently? And what are you looking to hit for next year?

7. oversteer

oversteer Active Member

Status Points:
    Been Platinum for many years, but didn't travel much this year. This route should get me Gold which is the only real beneficial milestone to hit, unless you can reach Diamond. The main issue is that next years travel looks really heavy for me and I may reach Diamond. Just didn't want to start off at Silver and wanted to pad my carry over miles.