Group nights dont count?!

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by AMPfromBNA, Nov 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. AMPfromBNA

AMPfromBNA Silver Member

Status Points:
    Okay, so I've been a Hilton guy up until this year. I've really enjoyed Marriott, and am 5 nights away from gold. I understand that gold is a huge step up from silver in benefits.

I just spent two nights at a conference, and my company had them bundle our small group onto one bill, rather than reimburse each of us individually.

Watching for the nights to hit my account, they never did. So I put in a missing nights request. No reply. So today I call and find out that I don't get credit for nights stayed when billed to a group account. Ahhh! I feel betrayed!

I won't hit gold without those nights. Now I have to decide if its worth a mattress run to hit gold. This kinda makes me want to revisit Hilton.

What would you do? Could I argue this with MR?

Sweet Willie likes this.
  2. IberianNomad

IberianNomad Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do you have a bill?

3. AMPfromBNA

AMPfromBNA Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes I have original invoice. Shows in and out date, but says group acct. Only charges are a dinner billed to room.

4. IberianNomad

IberianNomad Silver Member

Status Points:
    You're on the same boat I'm currently on regarding a 4 night stay (a direct bill).

I just reached out directly to the hotel to see if they could provide me with a bill that reflects the charges and a zero balance since Marriott has done this for me in the past (with a direct bill).

I'll let you know how that goes but I would give it a try if I were you...If that doesn't work I'm contacting MR directly, they can keep their points I just want credit for my 4 nights...seems reasonable to me!

Sweet Willie likes this.
  5. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't betrayed is the right word, you are disappointed but MR T&Cs (as well as most other hotel programs) do not give credit for direct billed group stays. So it isn't like MR promised you the stay then reneged, that would be betrayal. Best bet, as I have done before with Marriott & other chains (mixed results each time), is to follow IberianNomad's advice:

LETTERBOY likes this.