Greetings.

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by superangrypenguin, Jul 15, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. superangrypenguin

superangrypenguin Silver Member

Status Points:
    So to those who follow "the other board" who don't have email access to me, yes I was given das boot from there. No biggie.

Anyways, to follow up with the AC Do, yes, that is still a WIP. I won't comment on anything other than the fact that we're still working on it and it's still a possibility.

As far as me and FT, here was the reason why I was suspended (in this case permanently).

"Despite numerous warnings both formal and informal you again used inflammatory, inciting or unnecessarily provocative comments to disrupt a thread topic with your post

\I hope the guy on the phone right now (the on hold guy) who says Rouge gets hit by a truck.\"

Here's an inflammatory comment. tcook052 - go to hell. It's OK to dis AC and to provoke an emotion (all the time by some regular posters) but it's not ok to comment about how ridiculous the guy sounds like when he says the word "Rouge" on the hold music?

Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Multiple members have commented he is a dictator. I would agree. Heil!

I will not be appealing the decision. It's a waste of time. Plus, life has changed substantially for me in a positive manner so I don't have time with IBBs. Just thought I'd post this one and move on.

Now the fun begins.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  2. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Penguin, what's an IBB?

Involuntary Baggage Boarding? International Business Broker? Internet's Basically Broken?

On that note, welcome back to good old Milepoint (which moniker is something akin to Dominion Day, as an archaic form of reference). I'd like to think that we have a drier sense of humour over here, than over on TOBB (That Other Bulletin Board).

YULtide, superangrypenguin and ACMM like this.
  3. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    The thing you are missing about TCook is his lack of IQ. I could give you a lot of ammo in that regard.

superangrypenguin likes this.
  4. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Assumed another ID and go back if it matters...

IPs are easy to change..

5. superangrypenguin

superangrypenguin Silver Member

Status Points:
    On TBB, they track your IP, browser and OS version. (amongst other things).

It's hilariously easy to go back and post under a dozen names. ;) The "usual" suspects all have multiple handles. It's actually hilarious. The main issue is watching one's grammar....

mevlannen likes this.
  6. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to this unmoderated side SAP.

mevlannen likes this.
  7. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd prefer to imagine that this board is thoughtfully and unobtrusively moderated, and that that, rather than locative obscurity, was keeping the yahoos and kallikaks in check.

Anyway, I have always been a bit of a dreamer.

/elane

YULtide and ACMM like this.
  8. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    And here we thought it was the meds doing it

mevlannen likes this.
  9. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Back in the day, when I had active cancer (and beat it!), there were definitely times when I had chemo brain.

Nowadays, I'm mostly hooked on coffee, although a good single-malt still will attract my attention.

I am booked J on a mid-length domestic hop on Wednesday, and shall be most interested to see how the service compares with what I was experiencing (pre-retirement) last year.

[edit to fix atrocious typos!]

ACMM and YULtide like this.
  10. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Let us know!

mevlannen likes this.
  11. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dear YULtide, I shall so do. It shall be very interesting to do a paid multi-segment itinerary again, as thus far this year I have either been taking puddle-jumpers from Salishaan over to the Cascadian mainland, or I have been whizzing along on long AE reward journeys.

There is no way in the good green earth that I shall have any sort of AC status next year, and the comparison from SE to SOL shall be quite abrupt. I still shake my head and wonder at all the frequency of flights I used to book, pre-retirement. The lounge 'food' was not much of a commensurate benefit, nor the frequent 'upgrades' to flying hairdressers' chairs.

YULtide likes this.
  12. yyznomad

yyznomad Active Member

Status Points:
    Good Day,

It's been awhile since I've been here. Didn't even realize MP is now owned by InsideFlyer lol.

So what's shakin', everyone?

Oh, I know not everyone here is on TOBB, but I know many have been trying to PM me through TOBB... so if you're here feel free to PM me or hell, just ask me straight up as a post!

- yyznomad

13. yyznomad

yyznomad Active Member

Status Points:
    I didn't see this until now.

So how unmoderated is this place, exactly?

Do people here get suspended on the whim of a moderator, with random and illogical rationale?

14. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome back.

I've never witnessed a poster to this board (at least the AC part) get suspended. Discussions here tend to be fairly civilized - including those banished from other places.

What did you do to earn the opprobrium of the friendly mods at that other place?

londoncalling likes this.
  15. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    We try to keep a light touch on how the forums are moderated. That being said, it's made easier because most folks are very respectful. We sure hope it stays that way.

If it doesn't, we'll definitely step in. But, we haven't had to do that much.

The Lev likes this.
  16. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    It certainly is not as heavy handed as FT is, which is saying something considering this place is different but the people in charge are all ex FT mods and admin.

17. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you, Pizzaman. I bailed on t'other place because of the prevailing lack of civility over there. This place feels more like the officers' mess than the junior ranks' mess (if that analogy will serve).

YULtide and londoncalling like this.
  18. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    TOBB makes me think its a kindergarten and everyone fails to move up.