Under Review Greater number of Trending and Newly Created Topics

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by gobluetwo, Jun 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I love the trending and newly created topics on the forum home page. It gives me an opportunity to explore other forums I would not otherwise visit. However, I always wonder what I've missed. While these sidebars are great, they're pretty limited in that there are only 9 in each section.

Question: Is it possible to add more? What I'm envisioning - rather than just making the lists longer, which would add clutter, add pages so you can scroll through several more of the recent or trending topics. My low quality mockup is below, with page numbers at the top of the section (although it could be at the bottom of the section, also).

Would other users find this valuable? How difficult (or easy) would this be to implement?

[​IMG]

KENNECTED likes this.
  2. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like them as well. If not a side bar, how about putting a link to these to the right of "whats new"?

3. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Thanks for the suggestion gobluetwo, an interesting idea. I'll add this to the suggestion list for consideration.

4. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, Tim! Just to further clarify, the idea would be that just the topics within the box would refresh while the rest of the page remained static.