Great Update On Hyatt Olive 8-Gate!

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, May 29, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Earlier this week I posted about some fishy inventory management at the Hyatt at Olive 8 which effectively blocked any award redemptions for 91 consecutive days this summer, via a creative plan to make Deluxe King rooms available only in "packages," and not at the Hyatt Daily Rate. And then Travis, taking a different approach, posted that he was able to book a room at the Olive 8 with some persistent "HUCU"-ing (that is, hanging up and calling again) and a casual mention of "I'm a loyal Diamond." Whereas I feel like I need to try and change the system, Travis told me, "I assume I can't change the system, I can only figure out how to beat it." And that's how we got to Olive 8-Gate and our different perspectives. For what it's worth, I loved Travis' approach, and totally respect it. I see "injustice" and my lawyerly righteous indignation rears its head, whereas Travis sees an opportunity to solve a problem like an engineer. The post Great Update On Hyatt Olive 8-Gate! appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...