Great FA's

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sfo1, Sep 22, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had two the of the best FA's I have every been with. HKG SFO. I know that you can leave compliments on the 1k voicemail I believe. Is there a faster way to get the message regarding these tow, to someone who might care?

2. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good question; I'd like to know too. Heather, the purser on the IAD<->GRU line was one of the best I've ever had, and I'd love to leave feedback.

I wish UA had the system AA has with the "here's a few cards to give to FAs when they do really well".

Flyer1976, sfo1 and Newscience like this.
  3. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, US also has similar cards to hand out. It's my understanding that, on AA, they can lead to a bonus/incentive for the FA. When I get superior service from a FA on another airline, I send an email to management, but never know if it just ends up doing good for that person, or simply gets discarded.

Garp74 likes this.
  4. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    UA use to have cards, I got them with my 1k packet at the beginning of each year. I know the other web site FT has a number somewhere in all the UA messages, but I can't seem to ever find what I am looking for there. Hopefully someone on this board will be able to assist. As a comical side note, the breakfast service from SIN to HKG was the most disgusting, degrading looking food I have ever encounter in BC, I think food in a jail would have looked more appetizing. Two choices, one Asian and one Western, the Western one was the one that was awful. I took one look at it and decided that for my well being I should not eat it, in fact I was going to take a picture of it with my tablet, but the food looked so disgusting the tablet refused to let me take a picture. :)

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/Contact/customer/default.aspx

Choose "Compliment" as the reason for contact. It really does work. The old GTEM cards were great as was the mobile app option they had a while back. But this works, too.

And, FWIW, I had a couple great ones on today's 787-9 flight. Some senior and some junior but all having fun and happy to be there.

alfagirl, IDGflygirl, sfo1 and 4 others like this.
  6. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sent my email on Sept 23 and had a nice reply on Sept 24. Great response time.

Flyer1976 and Garp74 like this.
  7. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good for you. Always write these guys in when they deliver. UA's best FAs are as good as any other airline's best, including the so-called legends of service at EK and SQ.

sfo1 and Garp74 like this.
  8. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wrote in about my awesome PHX-DEN crew last night and got a response 12 hours later. :cool:

sfo1 likes this.
  9. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    Delta has those certs too where they collect points, but no such luck with United.

10. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, I submitted a compliment for the FAs a couple of months ago through the website, and received a response 4 days later. I've had fairly uniformly great crews this year; I hope I'm not jinxing myself for tomorrow.

Garp74 likes this.
  11. MargaretMi

MargaretMi New Member

Status Points:
    I am an AA f/a. We don't get incentives but positive passenger commendation letters always look good in one's file.
    The possibility for incentive is that Parker draws 10 (?) employee's names each quarter for a $10,000. bonus. There are a few more smaller amounts as well. IMO it is near impossible to win the drawing, but I am always hoping....
    Before the USAir merger, we had a 1% chance of winning the monthly drawing for 25,000 advantage miles. (I won 13 times- by sheer volume!)

Newscience, sfo1, ducster and 2 others like this.
  12. greg99
    Original Member

greg99 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tweeted @united on board a flight to ask them this question, and they identified who I was and what flight I was on, and said that they would let the appropriate people know. I then told the purser that I had done it and that I hoped they didn't mind. She said they loved it, and really appreciated someone saying nice things. Seemed to make everyone's day (including/especially mine for being able to do it).

Greg

Newscience, sfo1, Garp74 and 2 others like this.
  13. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Took 8 days to get a very friendly (albeit form-) letter back from UA from my email via the form.

Newscience likes this.
  14. brodyf

brodyf Gold Member

Status Points:
    As am AA EXP I get these"In Recognition of Outstanding Service Excellence" certs I can hand people. They don't count for anything for you?

Newscience likes this.
  15. hagar2935

hagar2935 Active Member

Status Points:
    When a FA does an outstanding job, I PERSONALLY thank them one on one. And I do so in a manner that allows others to hear my thanks. I am handicapped and thankfully occasionally have been treated very nicely by people in the aircraft. Overall, however, I have had miserable experiences with Airports, especially O'hare and Reno and it makes flying a mode of travel I avoid whenever possible. I try to treat people with respect and friendliness, but it is difficult when they treat you like just so much garbage that they don't want to be bothered with....:(

Newscience and ducster like this.
  16. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can I ask honestly how hard is it for people to say please and thank you? Whatever happened to common courtesy and decency?

I'm an excellent judge of character, I think that if someone who can't treat flight attendants with one iota of respect is most likely a crummy person. I've seen polite people while traveling. I've seen condescending narcissistic people who think about themselves and treat everyone like servants. I tend to try and avoid fraternizing with these jerks in real life if they can't be polite. :)

17. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to Milepoint! Always nice to have "in the business" folks on these boards.

You said it! It's really amazing to see people grunt at or just ignore a flight attendant when simple courtesy is so easy to accomplish. I will frequently bring a little gift on board (chocolate, Starbucks gift card), and it really puts a smile on the faces of the crew. Now I'm not saying everyone needs to do this, but one of the FAs on a recent flight thanked me, then said, and I'm paraphrasing, that she really appreciated the gesture, but just saying thank you would be enough.

Flyer1976, Newscience and sfo1 like this.