Great Experience in J, LAX-NRT

Discussion in 'JAL | Mileage Bank' started by rajuabju, Aug 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    Flew on JL 2 days ago in J, going from LAX to NRT. Whole experience, start to finish was superb.

I know some people dont love the OW lounge at LAX, but I actually do enjoy it, very roomy and has a decent food selection. So even pre-flight, was in a good mood.

Boarding was superb. F went first, followed by J and Premium Y. Had 2 lines checking people in. Y was boarded fairly quickly as well, and we were in the air on time.

The J hard product is VERY impressive. Its angled lie flat, but still very comfortable, plenty of room. Seat was a tiny bit narrower than I would have liked, but thats really my only (minor) complaint. The AVOD was cool, although the movie selection wasnt that particularly great (but I had my own movies anyhow). I did love the underbelly camera showing the views outside, that was very cool.

Meal service, as well as the 2nd meal, were both delicious, and lots of options. I had the halibut and later chicken skewers. Wine selection was very nice, I enjoyed an Argentinian red then took a nice nap before waking for 2nd meal about 2 hrs before landing.

Staff was superb. Very attentive, very courteous. I almost felt like J was perhaps overstaffed. Every 15 - 20 minutes or so, someone was walking down the aisle making sure all requests were promptly met.

All in all, a great first flight with JL, and definitely look forward to flying with them again.

NYBanker, mht_flyer and JALPak like this.
  2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    JL and NH punch above their general reputation in these circles...largely due to limited coverage from bloggers/trip reports as they seem to be tougher on award ticket availability.

I flew NH regional J earlier this week...and it was absolutely splendid. The FAs were so considerate and focused on their customers. (Unlike the FAs in F on the AA 3-class transcon that I'm on right now...who are much more focused on chit chat than pax.)

3. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well...there are plenty of coverage, just not in English :p

4. TRYING2BPLAT

TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    is Jal still handing their amenities in a basket and let u pick? Which is very tacky for a J.
    That alone made me think twice to take them again.

5. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    Was not the case on my flight.

6. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    how did they hand the amenities out then?

7. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Yes they are. Only in F do they give out amenity kits i believe.