Great Drink Mate Contest - Win Happy Hour Tab At OWMD + Other Swag

Discussion in 'OWMD (oneworld MegaDO)' started by Theweeklyflyer, Jan 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Theweeklyflyer
    Original Member

Theweeklyflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    The first ever OWMD is this week and I was the last lucky person to clear the OWMD wait list. To celebrate the event I'm running a very quick "Great Drink Mate" contest. So act fast if you like free swag, even if you are not going to the OWMD event.
    [​IMG]
    The event will feature a number of giveaways, prizes, fun and good conversation. To celebrate in the giving spirit, I'll award a complimentary Happy Hour to one lucky winner and other prizes for a lucky runner up.
    There was TPG's Great Seat Mate contest and now Points, Miles & Martinis has the Great Drink Mate contest.
    How To Participate
    • Go to official entry blog post here
    • Snap a picture of a libation that you would drink at a Happy Hour to get the conversation started
    • Comment in this post with name of drink you emailed or a link to the blog post with the name
    • Send me the picture at theweeklyflyer@gmail.com or post it on a blog where it is visible and send me the link
    • Please mention in email or comment if you are a participant in the OWMD event
    Rules
    • Submissions are due by 12 Midnight PST on Tuesday 1/24/12
    • Any libation you would drink at a Happy Hour to get the conversation started is valid
    How To Win
    • Drink finalists will be posted Wednesday and open for comments by Points Miles & Martinis & OWMD event readers
    • I will select the winner based on how well your drink will get the conversation started, visible drink picture, and reader feedback
    Great Drink Mate Prizes

1) Grand Prize
    2) Runner Up Prize
    3) Non-OWMD Attendee Consolation Prize
    If you are not going to the OWMD, you can still participate in this content. Simply follow the rules contest entry rules above and your submission will be considered for the consolation prize.
    Bottom Line
    I'm excited for the OWMD event and I hope you are too. I look forward to the submission and please drop me a note at theweeklyflyer@gmail.com if you have any questions.
    If you haven’t already done so, consider signing up for my RSS Feed to have blog posts sent directly to your email, or consider joining me on Twitter or Facebook.
    Terms & Conditions
    • Must be 21 or older to enter
    • Happy Hour drinks must be consumed by OWMD event attendees that are 21 or older at the discretion of the Grand Prize Winner
    • If not on OWMD you can still participate, if you win you can select your favorite OWMD participant to be the "Great Drink Mate" in the Happy Hour with The Weekly Flyer

2. TelevisionTdTina

TelevisionTdTina Silver Member

Status Points:
    Captain Morgan w/ Diet Coke and a squeeze of lime. Yummy!

Aarrgggg! Ahoy ye scurvy dogs!
    Avast! What be yer favorite pirate pickup line?

Best one shares happy hour prize, if I win!

TelevisionTdTina

3. Theweeklyflyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Tina. And remember, you don't have to be going to the OWMD to participate prize #3 is all for non - OWMDers...

So far there are 5 responses from twitter, email or comments.

Wow, that was google fast, I'm #3 in Google search rankings when you search for OWMD...seriously, you can see it here https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=owmd

SC Flier likes this.
  4. Theweeklyflyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Here is an update on the Great Drink Mate contest: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/point...d-great-drink-mate-contest-free-bar-tab-swag/

The OWMD prize has 6 entries so there is a great chance to win $50 Happy Hour tab (Amex Gift Card), a t shirt in support of a good cause.

The Non-OWMD Prize has 2 entries so there is an even better chance to win the prize of a AA 757 plane and a t shirt in support of a good cause.

Some great conversation starters were sent in so far...

SC Flier and katstarr like this.
  5. DFWSkylink

DFWSkylink Silver Member

Status Points:
    awesome contest, who doesn't like a bar tab!
    Added my post to your blog and can't wait for my first megado to begin tomorrow!

6. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    I'm in. pic is on the way. Some of those reading this will recognize "Julia's Cantina" for the "house margarita".

7. Theweeklyflyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the entry. Great picture and it looks tasty.

SC Flier likes this.
  8. Theweeklyflyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Nothing like a house margarita. Thanks for the entry.

SC Flier likes this.