Great deal on business class MIA-GIG, OW member LAN

Discussion in 'Central/South America' started by jbcarioca, Jan 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yesterday LAN began operating a daily B763 service GIG-MIA-GIG. They are now selling RT business class for US$1999, less than half the next cheapest option. For as long as it lasts, not long probably, this is the deal of the decade. It is a full mileage accruing fare.

Technically this is a SCL-GIG-MIA flight. I booked it for next week and had pretty good availability.
    At the moment this flights do not appear on many search engines, and I ended out booking on lan.com, not a very good site. Telephone service is poor too, so you'll not get a lot of help from them. They do not even know what SecureFlight information is so you'll probably need to enter the data when you do online checkin two days prior to the flight.

Luckily, inflight service is very good and the seating is pretty good too.

2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    LA792 GIG 01:10 MIA 07:00 B763 DAILY
    LA793 MIA 22:21 GIG 10:01+1 B763 DAILY

tondoleo, uggboy and sobore like this.
  3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.lan.com/en_us/sitio_personas/volar_en_lan/clases_de_servicio/premium_business.html

Welcome to the Premium Business experience

Relax on a state-of-the-art seat that becomes a bed. Enjoy our friendly service on board and take pleasure in a menu of exquisite food elaborated by famous chefs and wines selected by the most awarded South American sommelier.
    Get ready to experience Premium Business Class!
    [​IMG]
    It’s more than just sleeping, it’s relaxing

This class has been specially designed to transform your flight into a moment of genuine relaxation. The cabin and seat-bed re-design will allow you to enjoy a satisfying and pleasant sleep.
    Seats may be lowered to a 100% horizontal position into a bed 23 inches wide by 73 inches long. The distance between seats has increased to 74 inches, an additional 32% increase in space per passenger, well above that offered by other airlines.
    [​IMG]
    It’s more than just a pastime, it’s exclusive entertainment

Allow yourself to be spellbound by cutting-edge on board entertainment, enjoy a good movie or listening to music, enjoy our personalized service and allow us to make this flight an experience you will not forget.
    Each seat includes a high-resolution 15.4 inch screen and the free-use of an audio-video system. Featuring 47 movies - 8 premiers and 39 great classics - 123 series channels, 750 music CDs and 20 games.
    [​IMG]
    It’s more than just details, it’s better quality

Premium Business class offers an on-board-service very few airlines worldwide are able to deliver. We offer a new travelling concept based on what passengers value most on every trip: relaxation and top-notch service. Enjoy our crew’s attentive service and be amazed by our lavish menu and extraordinary wine list.
    A menu specially designed by celebrity chefs featuring regional South American ingredients. In addition, a variety of fine wines from this region, selected by Latin America’s only Master Sommelier, Hector Vergara.
    [​IMG]

4. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    You do realize you just signed up to do a trip report? :D

tondoleo, uggboy and jbcarioca like this.
  5. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do now, My General. I've flown on LA Business a few times, and have liked it quite well. The flat seats are a big plus and the service is good, with Bulgari amenity kits to add. Frankly I think they're not quite up to the standard of their stablemate JJ, but leagues ahead of any other carrier in the Americas. That is onboard. Ground service is iffy at best and the website is atrocious. We'll see how it is on their first flights from Brazil.

tondoleo, kiwi, IDGflygirl and 2 others like this.
  6. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is intriguing.

Thanks for posting.

uggboy and jbcarioca like this.
  7. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Intriguing it may be. Give me your expected arrival dates so I can arrange a trip to Vegan, Vegan.

tondoleo and uggboy like this.
  8. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the offer.

I actually played with some dates in February and March but could not get the fare you listed. Can you share any advice on how to see the fares available on a larger calendar. I could not get a monthly view on the LAN site here.

jbcarioca likes this.
  9. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    A quick look at ExpertFlyer shows that this has been discovered. Most of the flights during the next two months are already sold out, or so it seems. I made a call to one of my FF GIG-based colleagues who told me that JJ was actively selling the LA seats. I fear I may have posted this just as the gig, as it were, is up.:oops:
    I am hoping to get additional information soon. The puzzler here is that it was wide open all dates and classes only a few hours ago when I booked mine. However, US Airways also is showing $2106 for Envoy right now 18-26 February, with Envoy suites from CLT0-GIG-CLT, then connecting.

I admit to being bewildered. These deals may be coming and going quickly for some reason, but I have not seen fares like these for three years.

tondoleo likes this.
  10. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Consolidators buying up the cheap fares?

jbcarioca likes this.
  11. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have no idea. I am just looking on.

tondoleo likes this.
  12. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    More likely LA intended to mostly sell SCL-MIA and JJ mostly sell GIG-MIA, but inventory got mucked up.

I second jbcarioca's assessment of LA - good onboard, poor to very poor on the ground (dealing with delays & cancellations, aircraft & schedule changes, etc).

tondoleo and jbcarioca like this.
  13. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    A colorful tucano told me yesterday that LA wanted to jump-start their first Brazil-US route. They did! Now how to explain the US move?

tondoleo likes this.
  14. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will keep an eye on this route and continue to look for a fare that is suitable. Of course, I could try to use some avios.

jbcarioca likes this.