Great Deal for Occasional Travelers: Hilton Gold Status+ for $50

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 16, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

This is a good deal for frequent travelers but an outstanding deal for the occasional traveler — purchase Milepoint Premium this year and you can get Hilton HHonors Gold Status, 1000 United miles and many other perks for only $49.95.

There’s a long list of benefits (see below) but here are the items that in my opinion can make a big difference to folks who might only travel a couple of times a year but still appreciate upgrades and discounts.

• Hilton HHonors, Gold elite status — free internet + breakfast
    • National Car Rental, Emerald Club Executive status — book a midsize car and pick any car from their nicer executive aisle
    • Hyatt Hotels, 10% discount off all gift card purchases — considering a big trip? Make it at a Hyatt and get a discount by buying with gift cards.
    • The Parking Spot, One day free parking per visit — who doesn’t like discounted parking?
    • United MileagePlus, 1,000 bonus award miles — if you don’t collect United miles, this isn’t a big deal, but if you do, it helps get you that much closer to your next award ticket.

I myself wasn’t thrilled when I first heard the line up. Last year’s offer of 2,000 United miles and Hyatt Platinum status was more up my alley. And then I started thinking through it. It’s worth it for the Hilton Gold status alone. I was planning on paying the $95 annual fee to keep my Hilton HHonors Visa just for the Gold status it comes with. This saves me $45, not to mention not worrying about trying to re-qualify for National Executive status.

And for those who are even more travel savvy then I am, there’s a myriad of discount on travel software and tools. Full list of Milepoint Premium benefits.

• Hilton HHonors | Gold elite status
    • National Car Rental | Emerald Club Executive status
    • Hyatt Hotels | 10% discount off all gift card purchases
    • The Parking Spot | One day free parking per visit
    • Award Nexus | Buy-One-Get-One-Free Trip Pass award planning service
    • Award Wallet | Free upgrade to AwardWallet Plus
    • ExpertFlyer | 20% discount on yearly Premium service
    • Frequent Flyer Master | 25% Discount
    • InsideFlyer | Free online subscription / 50% discount for print edition
    • KVS Tool | 10% discount
    • LoJack For Laptops | 25% discount
    • Luggage Forward | Up to a 15% discount
    • Milepoint | Ad-free
    • PointsHound | Level 2 status plus 1,000 mile/point first booking bonus
    • SCOTTEVEST | 20% discount
    • United MileagePlus | 1,000 bonus award miles
    • UsingMiles | Free upgrade to Premier membership
    • WORLDMATE | Free upgrade to Gold level

So even if you’ve never been on Milepoint and don’t plan to,(though you really should), this is definitely a deal to consider!

Disclaimer: We do not receive any promotional credit for promoting Milepoint. So you should only purchase if the benefits are worth $49.95 to you. I also admit that I waited to mention Milepoint Premium until after I’d purchased my own package just to make sure they didn’t sell out before I could get it. Sorry.

What did you think of this post? Give us a +1 above or leave a comment!

And don’t miss out on any of Jeanne & Keri’s adventures and tips.

[​IMG]You can now subscribe via E-Mail! (This time it really works)

…or RSS Feed and follow us on twitter and Facebook.

Sometimes when you comment, it goes to a blank page and looks like it doesn’t post. It actually does, I promise!

The post Great Deal for Occasional Travelers: Hilton Gold Status+ for $50 appeared first on Heels First Travel.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• [​IMG]
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Continue reading...
  2. flynow

flynow Silver Member

This is a very good deal !! i got it and im glad i did!!