Great Customer Service - I think was a Salt Lake CSR

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by rwoman, Apr 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi All,

I called DL tonight to work on routing LHR-XXX-SLC-SGU-SLC-XXX-LHR for a trip next fall. Prior to my sister mentioning SGU, I'd never heard of this town in southern Utah! ;)

I called the DM line, put in my SM #, then automatically was sent to the PM line. When the agent answered and asked my routing, I told her LHR-SGU and I'd nvever heard of SGU. She said, yes, that's not too far away, so I'm thinking she was an SLC rep. Then asked for my SM#.

She was really helpful in working on routes that would get me to/from SGU - nothing like a double connection to a town with few flights per day trying to connect SOMEWHERE to LHR. ;)

It's been a while since I've had a CSR who was THAT helpful. Thanks, DL!

:)robin

TRAVELSIG and DeltaExpert like this.
  2. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad they were able to help!

3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes - I DO expect them to be helpful, but we all know that does not always happen ... hence the advice to hang up and try again sometimes. :rolleyes: And we know DL (other than SkyPesos, maybe) is not all gloom and doom.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  4. Italy98
    Original Member

Italy98 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Beautiful country around St. George.

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The SLC DM agents are better now in general than they were in the beginning of the program, when it was extremely disappointing for anyone accustomed to Chisholm. I even thought of trying to request a status downgrade or deliberately stopping flying DL just to get my calls routed back to Chisholm.

6. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    A military colleague of mine flew in from TPA this past week on DL - their return ticket was on UA. However, due to changes in the government's requirements for my colleague, he needed to change the ticket a week. I called UA since I'm aware of the lingo and they never fly...a rather mean CS agent rather rudely said it was not their ticket stock and could not help change the flight and then tried to instruct me on what ticket stock is.... I explained that I understood what ticket stock is and asked if it was an 006 ticket since DL flew the outbound let. "YES, you'll have to call Delta." Me, "Okay! Great!" :)

I spoke with a DM agent (SLC again!), explained my colleague's need to change tickets and she was all over it. She spent well over an hour working to get the ticket date change...oh, and put him on a DL flight back to the US instead of UA!! :) With a full fare Y ticket, and standing about 6'6", he was pleased to get an exit window on the return trip. After they worked out his tickets, I gave her a well deserved Job Well Done certificate. Ultimately, this change saved the government (and tax payers) about $3k in additional tickets.

Thanks again, DL!

:)robin

7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Officially, I don't think the DM agents should have worked on your (nonstatus with DL, I assume) colleague's ticket just because you placed the call. DM status does not extend to all of our relatives and acquaintances unless and only to some extent when they're booked on the same PNR or using our miles.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  8. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad to hear about the positive outcome rwoman- also in my experiences the SLC agents are very very good.

9. thrashsoundly
    Original Member

thrashsoundly Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you need ideas of things to do or see while in Utah either in SLC or SGU - or if you have other questions about the Utah area, let me know, I'd be glad to help.