Grand Sukhumvit Hotel - Bangkok

Discussion in 'Accor | Le Club Accorhotels' started by IMGone, Feb 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    The hotel is managed by Accor and used to be a Sofitel. I stayed here in November.

While the location is central, it is not ideal. Being off Sukhumvit Road is a plus as it gets you away from the noise and pollution, however there were sometimes delays getting in and out due to the one way road/alley needed to access the hotel. The BTS is a short walk away, however the walk is via a narrow road with no lights or sidewalks (watch where you walk), or a crowded soi (a longer walk, and the crowds are not always pleasant).

I was upgraded as a Plat on a sales rate to a corner room (don't know the name). The room was large, with a walk in closet. The bed tables had a board to work all the lights in the room which was pretty cool. The curtains needed to be closed at night because it was across from an apartment building. Bathroom was a little on the small side. I will look for my pictures of the room and share them, but I do recall there was something wierd about the shower - either the size or positioning of it. This is definitely an older hotel, but I had no issues with the room.

Service was very attentive. Didn't have a meal, but did visit the coffee shop and speak with the concierge for directions. At a similar price, I'd have no qualms about returning to this hotel but not sure I'd do so at their regular rates.

Two pictures from the stay (first time uploading):

The door on the far left leads to a walk-in closet
    grd suk hotel with walk in closet.jpg

The bathroom was shower & tub combined
    gr suk hotel - bath in shower is different.jpg

uggboy, Kalboz and SirRagnar like this.
  2. For me the Grand Sukhumvit Bangkok offers good value for the money. it's definately an upper 4* hotel, but you can get a room from 2.000 THB per night on.
    As a platinum member I always got upgraded to a small Diamond Suite, with a separat living room, a kitchenette and a huge bathroom with bathtub and separat shower

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  3. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi- where can you find this hotel for 2000 THB? This is a great deal.

4. During Accors Asia Sale promotions rates from 1.900 THB to 2.000 THB per nights were available

5. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
  6. BenjaminTheAnt

BenjaminTheAnt New Member

Status Points:
  7. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for posting, nice video. But this is totally different hotel the Grand Sukhumvit Hotel which is an Accor property located at Sukhumvit 6 (Nana area) while the Grand Millennium Hotel is part of the Millennium/Copthorne Hotels chain and located at Asok (Sukhumvit 21) near Soi Cowboy. :)

uggboy likes this.