GRAND HYATT SEOUL

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by uggboy, May 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]
    A Burst of Sunshine // The Grand Hyatt Seoul // South Korea by UggBoy♥UggGirl [ PHOTO // WORLD // SENSE ], on Flickr

^ The magnificent facade of the Grand Hyatt Seoul, located on Mount Namsan and overlooking the city

[​IMG]
    The Mount Namsan setting has it's Advantages // THE GRAND HYATT SEOUL // 17th Floor // City View King Room // Grand Club Access // Seoul // South Korea by UggBoy♥UggGirl [ PHOTO // WORLD // SENSE ], on Flickr

^ Views over Seoul from our 17th floor, Club Level Room with Grand Club Access // City View King

We had 2 nights in April 2011 at this superb and yes, grand property after having had 2 nights before at the Park Hyatt Seoul. Two very different hotels, two very different location's, but they are clearly Hyatt's in many ways we found out during our stays. Wonderful location overlooking the city, unlike others we found our room to be of good size and had a King size bed, large flat-screen tv and a sofa, writing desk and DVD player. Complimentary water and fruits amenity was also provided on the room on arrival. Our check-in // out was at the Grand Club Lounge on the same floor as our room, very convenient indeed. :)

Our bathroom was not the largest ever, but it was well designed and we always felt very comfortable when using it. The air-conditioning in our room was good at keeping the room cool, but was not so successful warming our room, indeed our room felt always slightly too cool, as was it the case at least in our opinion with many areas in the hotel outside our room. The Grand Lounge was really grand, superb friendly staff encountered, international newspapers and magazines, good breakfast as always at a Hyatt including we had a choice of two hot items each morning and a fresh continental selection spread. No complaints here, the happy hour was also well stocked in the evening and we enjoyed our time there. The Lounge seemed always very well used during peak hours. In general the hotel had a high occupancy and there was a great buzz in the lobby too. A good sign of a quality hotel in our view. :)

One of us had a spa treatment, a massage, wonderful and relaxing and indeed very strong. Ms and Mr had a haircut at the Salon and he enjoyed also a shave and hair wash. All wonderful from our experience in this property. Works outside in the pool area and gardens were well underway to prepare the whole hotel for the warmer season. Excellent views at all times, great food and drink, a comfortable korean feel upscale room, friendly services encountered everywhere plus the lounge in the lobby tried at least on two occasions, all felt well made here at this hotel. :)

We can only recommend this property which overlooks the city, offers a shuttle to the underground station or the entertainment district of Itaewon. A different proposition than the Park Hyatt Seoul which is located in Gangnam, on the south side of the River Han while the Grand Hyatt is on the north side of the river. But taken all two properties together was a great experience which gives also a very different view over Seoul.:)

Hope you like it?:)

2. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing uggboy!

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    My pleasure! Enjoy your reviews very much too cennas!

RichardInSF likes this.
  4. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed once or twice at this property before the PH opened, and I would not categorize it as superb. It's certainly OK but the rooms I typically got (some kind of larger corner room on the club floor) struck me as fairly ordinary. Maybe they have been recently renovated?

The biggest problem with this hotel is that the view pictured above comes at a cost -- you have to walk down and up a steep hill, or take a taxi, to get to or from anything, including the subway. Yes, the hotel runs a periodic shuttle, but I was never able to find it to go up the hill, just down. It didn't seem to really have any dedicated stop at the bottom. And at the bottom was Itaewon, a fairly tawdry nightclub area with overpriced shops.

Nightclubs at the hotel are very popular with the locals, so if you are into clubbing, that might have some value.

uggboy likes this.
  5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just when I thought I had seen it all, a family of four wrapped in wet pool towels came into the "Grand" Club and raided the cookie jars, then sat down on the couches (with wet swim suits, I presume, based on the water running down their legs)

club1.JPG club2.JPG

View attachment 15897

2nd stay here within a week; will post a complete report at the end of this weekend.

uggboy, lwkatya and cennas like this.
  6. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Shocking! Was it during service hours?

Looking forward to your report.

uggboy and lwkatya like this.
  7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    It was around 5 pm when they have cookies and coffee service. The evening service starts at 5:30pm. I had just returned from the pool (taken a shower and dressed appropriately, mind you) and was sitting here with a coffee catching up on some work, eh, MP posts :)

uggboy likes this.
  8. bartla

bartla Silver Member

Status Points:
    uggboy likes this.
  9. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    uggboy likes this.
  10. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    How is the Club Lounge happy hour at the GH Seoul compared to GH KUL or BKK? Anyone stayed there in the last 12 month?

uggboy likes this.