Grand Hyatt Seattle - REVIEW

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by roadwarrior365, Jun 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Grand Hyatt Seattle is located in downtown Seattle and the Hyatt at Olive 8 is about a block away and was visible from our Suite. Arrived at the hotel around noon had to wait a couple of minutes to be check-in the FD agent informed me I had been upgraded to a suite and explained the amenities of the Grand Club. When we arrived at the suite on the 25th floor I discover its a corner suite, which would be perfect fine if you're by yourself or a couple, but fitting a rollaway into the suite would make it really tight. So I go back down and inquire about an executive suite and 2 minutes later I was given a new set of keys.One of the best things about the suite was that we had a great view of the Space Needle. The suite has a large parlor with a half bath and a bar. The masterbath is attached to the bedroom and features a bathtub and seperate walk-in shower. A cool feature of the suite was that the window shades we electric. The first night we decided to order room service, which was delivered within 30 minutes, reasonably priced, and tasted quite good. The Grand Club in the evening had the least amount of food I have ever seen in a Hyatt hotel and the hotel should really improve their offerings. Breakfast in the morning was your typical continental breakfast and I didn't see or ask about hot items being offered. Overall this is a very good hotel with the service and amenties you would expect, but they should improve their offerings at the Grand Club in the evening. The rest of the Photos can be found here.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sobore and sendaiben like this.
  2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice review! View of the Space Needle is always a plus!

3. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a great hotel. I've only stayed there once but had that exact same suite layout. It's a really spacious room. If I were a bachelor, that would be the perfect place to live. That suite is bigger than some apartments!

I like that Ruth Chris is easily accessible via the lobby. The early happy hour is quite busy so get there early. The one that is later in the evening wasn't busy at all.