Grand Hyatt Incheon

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Thomask, Sep 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone stayed there yet since the Hotel has been rebranded from HR to GH? What wing is advisable to book?
    The older building (former HR) was kind of run down and everything needs a refurbish including Club lounge, pool area...

uggboy likes this.
  2. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am answering my own question since I just completed a stay at the new Grand Hyatt Incheon. The old Hotel which used to be the Hyatt Regency is now called GH East Tower. The new building right next to it is called the GH West tower. Both can easily be seen from ICN airport. I had made a point & cash reservation and these reward rooms are normally in the East Wing. In an e-mail prior to my stay the Hotel said they would try to give me a room in the new West Wing if available. I took the complimentary shuttle bus from the airport which runs every 15 minutes. The bus arrived at the West tower after 3 minutes? and I checked in there. We were given a Club room on the 12th floor which overlooked some ocean, the GH kids playground and the Kids Indoor pool. There was a welcome card from the GM and an apple and an orange. We had requested a kids crib and that was also there waiting in the room.The rooms are very well done and high quality. Things have been thought through and everything is very functionell. I was surprised by the good level of English that many of the Korean Hyatt associates spoke. As GP Diamond we had some snacks and drinks in the evening (17:30-19:30) at the Club Lounge. The selection and size is much like at the East wing when the Hotel was still a HR. There were two small dishes one could order in addition to a small selection of breads, cheese, salads etc. There were adequate drinks as well. The service level was very good, fast, friendly ad professional. As GP Diamond I enquired if I could have the complimentary breakfast benefit only at the Lounge or also downstairs at the main Breakfast buffett. I was told only at the lounge so we had breakfast there. One could order sone egg dishes in addition to the Continental breakfast served there. The revenue rates per night were around 200$+ so that is why we picked to use award stay. I did not try the pool or the gym and we had dinner with friends at the ICN airport. The GH Incheon has now more than 1000 rooms. I assume the East Wing will get a face lift soon. If the rates stay at a affordable level or the category does not change upwards I will stay again at this new property. A nice option real close to the airport.

uggboy likes this.