Grabaseat Master Thread - Todays Best Deals

Discussion in 'Air New Zealand | Airpoints' started by wijomas, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. wijomas
    Original Member

wijomas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looking for the best deal? Be sure to check www.grabaseat.co.nz daily - you never know what route might pop up. Be quick though, seats are extremely limited!

yankiwi and kiwi like this.
  2. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can subscribe for an alert, which usually is emailed around 6 or 7am each day (NZ time). Note some deals sell out before the alert, while others may not display anything other than the route until later in the morning, afternoon or even evening.

How far can I go is also useful for spotting extra cheap fares incl some mistakes.

3. ThatJohn
    Original Member

ThatJohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I use Socialite, a Mac app (with which I am entirely unaffiliated!) to do Twitter and Facebook, and so I have grabaseat's Twitter account as a "profile peek" line item, giving unread count and easy access. Very handy.

I'm plotting the patterns of fare posting, often at noctural o'clock. Now where is my "I <3 Spreadsheets" mug?

4. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    I used to keep a spreadsheet of GAS fares and got fairly good at predicting what would come up when (except for the extra good ones to counter JQ sales). I gave up long ago though because it took too much effort to maintain, especially with GAS fares released at staggered times of day..

5. ThatJohn
    Original Member

ThatJohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Glad it's not just me. Time to polish my Excel hat. ;) So there's no real pattern to it?

6. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    There certainly is a pattern, or at least there was when I tracked it.

ThatJohn likes this.