Got two BoA Hawaiian cards by mistake...

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by nova, Mar 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. nova

nova Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I applied for the BoH and BoA Hawaiian airlines cards intending to get the bonuses, transfer them to Hilton and use for our upcoming euro tour.

Well I got the wait message i expected and then got a call the next day as exected. What was unexpected was te glitch in the system that resulted in 3 apps, 2 for BoA and one for BoH. Well i could swear i told the rep i wanted 1 BoA card and 1 BoH card and the remaining app cancelled. well i get the approval letters today and I was approved for 2 BoA cards not 1 and 1.

Anybody want to venture a guess what the odds are i get bonuses for both? I can just pay for nother hotel if i have to but i would rather not....

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  2. Jeff the Wanderer

Jeff the Wanderer Silver Member

Status Points:
    The BoA Hawaiian Card is churnable if you can get approved for more than one, so you might have a shot. You usually have to wait at least 90 days for the second approval, but maybe you got around that rule. That would be kind of awesome if you get a bonus for both because you can then get the BoH for even more miles.

alohastephen, hulagrrl210 and nova like this.
  3. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    A friend of mine accidentally got two Citi AA cards because of a computer glitch and got the bonus miles for both. YMMV.

hulagrrl210 and nova like this.
  4. nova

nova Silver Member

Status Points:
    both cards are showing up on my BoA online account so im 100 percent sure theyre both BoA. i sure hope i get both bonuses cuz 90 days to get BoH would be pushing the timing edge to get the miles points i need for our trip...

hulagrrl210 and miles and smiles like this.
  5. nova

nova Silver Member

Status Points:
    For reference in case anybody finds this thread in a future search, I did in fact get bonuses from both BoA cards.

We've been on vacation this past week during which my statements closed. I log on to AwardWallet this morning and find my Hawaiian account flush by 72000 miles.

6. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a question. The offers state that one card is for Hawaii residents and the other is for non-Hawaii residents. But I don't see any restrictions in the T&C. Did you have to do anything special to apply for both cards, or did you just go ahead and ignore that part?

7. nova

nova Silver Member

Status Points:
    i just ignored the heck out of it

Scottrick likes this.
  8. sellthesedownfalls

sellthesedownfalls Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got both cards, no problem, and I'm not a HI resident. I called the recon line right after my second app and said I wanted both cards to track expenses. Easy peasy.

Efilon87 likes this.
  9. vardievard

vardievard Active Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone have a good link or experience with churning the BOA Hawaii card. I've just gotten the 35K miles and want to do it again!

alohastephen likes this.
  10. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is that 90 days after first approval or after closing the previous account?
    Thanks!

Found this link on Million Mile Secrets:
    https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=VABK5Z&mboxSession=1358440311066-295086

11. Jeff the Wanderer

Status Points:
    I believe that it is 90 days from the first application/approval. If I remember correctly, I got my second and third cards (one BoH and one BoA) while the first one was still open. Similar to the US Air Mastercard.

alohastephen likes this.
  12. vardievard

vardievard Active Member

Status Points:
    did you have to call reconsideration for the churn (while keep other 2 open). if so what's the story you gave them for why you still have those open and need new ones...

13. Jeff the Wanderer

Status Points:
    I did not call reconsideration. I was given the good old "we'll let you know in 7-10 days" for both of the new cards. I just let them go and within a week or two, I had two new cards in the mail. Apparently, upon further investigation, they decided that I needed 3 of them. I already had approvals for 6 other cards at that point for the churn, so it really wouldn't have bothered me if I didn't get the Hawaiian cards. If it was a smaller churn, I probably would have called.

I still had my first card open when I applied for the other two because I hadn't hit the 1 year renewal for that card yet. I never cancel cards until I try to negotiate for an annual fee waiver. Shortly after I got the two new ones, the annual fee came due on the first one and I cancelled it when they wouldn't provide a fee waiver or retention bonus.