Got someone's elses confirmation

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Singapore Flyer, Apr 3, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I Remember this on another thread. I just received an email with someone else's information including last 4 of their CC. My email address is linked on the confirmation page. This is a us air flight. Should I just call reservation? Tweet?

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

2. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Tweeted them, they said to call reservations. That took a while as the directory tree wouldn't let me go straight to a reservation agent. She said the agent may have had another person's reservation screen open when I made my booking and just attached it together. I guess no harm, no foul.

3. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    As long as y'all get to where you're going on the day in question it's all good, right? :)

Singapore Flyer likes this.
  4. Menashe

Menashe Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've only started flying US Airways since the merger with AA (I've had status on American for a few years). I took a flight to CLT about a month ago, and then booked a reward flight for next January on a partner airline.

When I went to check in for the Charlotte flight, I got two boarding passes, mine and some gentleman headed to somewhere in Canada. I called, and got an agent who was less than helpful, but eventually said he'd raise it to an appropriate person.

Today, I got two more emails telling me that there is a "Schedule Change impacting <person's name> - Confirmation code #<actual code here>"

I called US Airways, and they confirmed that my email address was on that reservation. To be 100% clear, my email address is a combination of letters and numbers at my own domain. It is a near impossibility that it is even similar to two other people's email addresses. Something is broken in their system...