Got A Question?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Pizzaman, Sep 20, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Hey, there. Sometimes it can be hard to figure out where to get started. I'm hoping to make that a bit easier by starting an open thread. Ask me a question. If I don't know the answer, I'll find someone who does.

Don't worry whether your question fits here. Just ask it and we'll take care of the rest!

If you're reading this thread and happen to know the answer to a question, jump in!

Mrp Alert likes this.
  2. NYCwriter

NYCwriter Active Member

Status Points:
    Ok, here goes. I'm flying from Paris to Tel Aviv on Alitalia (booked through Flying Blue) with an 8-hour layover in Rome. As I'm going from Europe to a non-European country (although I realize for travel zone purposes Israel is often classified as in the European zone) am I going to be able to check my luggage all the way through to Tel Aviv when I check in in Paris? I'm a US citizen.

My plan is to leave the airport in Rome, go into town, and be there for a few hours. I've been to Rome before, just never on a layover and not on the way to Israel.

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  3. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Thanks for being first! While I suspect the answer is that you can check your bag through, I'm not 100% sure. Working on a more concrete answer.

4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Should be fine to through-check a bag on Alitalia with an 8 hour online connection on the same ticket. I've only ever had issues (and gotten exemptions) with connections over 12 hours.

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bag will check through fine. Whether Alitalia decides to deliver it is a whole different issue. ;)

And definitely head into town. The airport is a mess.

Mrp Alert likes this.
  6. anchorurheart

anchorurheart New Member

Status Points:
    Hello,
    I need a help ... I am flying on Turkish airline next 3 days, from Vienna to Jakarta, via Istanbul. I plan to purchase 4 bottles of perfumes in Vienna duty free. Would get seized in Istanbul, before my next flight. It's my first time flying with Turkish. Thanks

7. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Just leave the duty free purchased in Vienna in the sealed clear bag with receipt stapled to it and you should be fine.

http://www.ataturkairport.com/en-EN/preflight/Pages/HandLuggageArrangements.aspx

8. anchorurheart

anchorurheart New Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info :)