Got a question or feedback for Air New Zealand staff? Ask here!

Discussion in 'Air New Zealand | Airpoints' started by wijomas, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. wijomas
    Original Member

wijomas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some senior executives and the awesome staff at Air NZ will be here to answer your questions and respond to your feedback - so if there's something you want answered, ask it here!

MSPeconomist, sobore and serfty like this.
  2. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can't wait for the re-reconfigured international A320s. I'm so over space- so called premium seating.

wijomas likes this.
  3. yankiwi
    Original Member

yankiwi Silver Member

Status Points:
    When is this happening?

4. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Last I heard was March, but haven't yet got all the approvals.

5. One thing I was surprised about in regards to the Virgin/AirNZ partnership was the fact Virgin Velocity members now earn points on cheap NZ fares -- even when NZ's own Airpoints members can not. It is for this reason that I have now cancelled my Kiwibank Go Fly Mastercard and have pretty much given up on crediting flights to Airpoints. When I've burned my AP$ I'll most likely just let my Airpoints account die. Does NZ have any plans to offer points (even if at a reduced rate) for cheap fares or are they happy to see customers like myself change their loyalty to Virgin Velocity?

6. I second that KiwiSurfer.

With Velocity rewards even on the lowest GAS fares you get 0.25 points per mile and you'll even get a minimum 10 status points. This is actually heaps better than AP since you only need 200(soon 250) for silver and only 500 for gold status points on VR! And it doesn't end there, if you want to join the VA lounge you get a massive discount as a silver member. Koru Club doesn't seem to offer any incentive for AP Silvers to join. Remember that VR gold and VA lounge members get to access Koru Clubs(except Pacific Island flights). It's a shame really, but VR is a much better frequent flyer program and with more incentive for NZ flyers to join.

Is Air New Zealand going to change its program for the better? I really would like to stay with AP, but at the moment there really is no reason to do so. Cheers!

P.S. Are there any Velocity Credit Cards for NZ?

7. Not that I know of and I doubt Velocity would want to damage their good relationship with Airpoints by setting up a Velocity card in New Zealand. Even Qantas has pulled out however I'm not sure if they made the decision or if it was ANZ that forced them out.

I'm now really kicking myself for switching from ANZ Qantas Visa to ANZ Airpoints Visa. Should just have stayed with ANZ Qantas Visa since I understand that ANZ now will not open any new ANZ Qantas Visa accounts. If a bank here in New Zealand started offering a decent card with direct earn to Qantas I would switch in a flash.

- James