Google Offers- $39 For One Year Online Language Course

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by MLW20, May 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you are looking to learn a new language then Google Offers has a good deal for you.
    For $39 you get a one-year online language course (valued at $99.95)
    As a frequent traveler, I wish that I spoke more than one language. I can get by to some extent in Spanish speaking countries with my version of the language but would never say that I speak it!
    Purchase offer by May 20, 2012
    Find out more HERE

LIH Prem and DeltaExpert like this.
  2. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Might have to try them out...

3. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    This price for Livemocha has shown up frequently on Groupon. Anyone have any reviews of it?

4. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd be interested to know what people's experience have been with these courses. I've always wanted to try Rosetta Stone or something alike, though not sure if I would spend ~$500+ on a language learning software.

Quite frankly, I would rather pay $500 to travel to a foreign country to learn some new words :D

SC Flier likes this.
  5. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I read a few reviews stating that it is OK. For the price it might be worth a shot. I wouldn't expect to learn to speak a new language fluently but you should pick up some vocabulary etc...

I hear you on visiting a country to learn a language. I'd love to spend a couple of months in Central America- using the time to take a language course. However, comparing a $39 online site/ course to try to learn in a foreign country is probably not fair. If you were considering full price on Rosetta Stone, I'd say go for the trip to learn! lol

kw335 likes this.
  6. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points: